Specie and gold dust lost

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think panning for gold dust and nuggets up in a mountain river or creek would be alot more fun and profitable with very little of a investment to do it than working a wreck like that where you will need to get permits at great expense if you can.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Can you imagine trying to find gold dust spilled at the mouth of the Columbia river? :laughing9:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theres gold dust on the fisher/brisbane rio mar site.I have never heard of anyone recovering any of it.It would be like finding a needle in a haystack.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Two Ics of the mouth of the Columbia River...

Attachments

• rough-sea_9202.jpg
    rough-sea_9202.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 418
  • wave_col_bar1-1.jpg
    wave_col_bar1-1.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 456
OP
OP
Batavia

Batavia

Jul 29, 2006
Paris/Jakarta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aquanut said:
Two Ics of the mouth of the Columbia River...

Hummm... The specie and gold dust can stay there... for future generations ! :-)

OP
OP
Batavia

Batavia

Jul 29, 2006
Paris/Jakarta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aquanut said:
Batavia, I had a feeling you might have been unfamiliar with the waters there.
Aquanut
Definitely...! I have some good files on the east coast too, but the sea conditions must be a problem as well...

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Batavia,

The East coast of the U.S. is tame compared to the mouth of the Columbia River. That's the reason why the coast guard trains the rescue boats on the bar at the Columbia. It presents the most difficult waters available. The further south you go on the east coast, the less severe the water conditions, barring of course little disturbances such as Hurricanes.

Aquanut

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008
I have recoverd Gold Dust from the RioMar and Corrigans site and from the Margarita Site off of Key West... Its an Awesome site to see when you swim down into an excavation hole and the whole bottom glitters with GOLD!!!!

On the Margarita site i was using an airlift to suck out what we called "Solution Holes" which are deep holes or pockets in the bedrock and the next thing i knew it was raining Gold Dust.... took hours to pick up the flakes with tweezers...

What a Blast!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread