Shipwreck Research

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
I just received a copy of Claudio Bonifacio's book " Galleons and Sunken Treassure". Thank you Claudio, Great Book. I love the Research that you put into the book. I also want to thank Terry Armstrong and Dr. Kordac for translating the original book into English.

I know that certain people were critical of a certain poster for telling someone to buy a book if he wanted to find out something.
Claudio if you sell research PM me. You are one of the Masters my friend. Now I waiting for DR. Kordac's book about the DR to arrive. I took Cornelius's advice. This book belongs in everyone's Library.

This forum is great. Where else can you get great advice and make friends. Aquanut, when is the picnic this Year??

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Man:
Thanks much for your appraisal! It was definitely a landmark publication in the TH world and Lubos and I were glad to to it. I think Claudio may have more to come. Need Archive research? Claudio is the guy to go to.

I particularly liked the chapter on the Maravillas... that was an eye-opener!

backlash

Greenie
Feb 3, 2011
old man said:
I just received a copy of Claudio Bonifacio's book " Galleons and Sunken Treassure". Thank you Claudio, Great Book. I love the Research that you put into the book. I also want to thank Terry Armstrong and Dr. Kordac for translating the original book into English.

I know that certain people were critical of a certain poster for telling someone to buy a book if he wanted to find out something.
Claudio if you sell research PM me. You are one of the Masters my friend. Now I waiting for DR. Kordac's book about the DR to arrive. I took Cornelius's advice. This book belongs in everyone's Library.

This forum is great. Where else can you get great advice and make friends. Aquanut, when is the picnic this Year??
hey old man thanks for the info believe it or not I'm having trouble finding the book where might i be able to buy a copy.. Thanks backlash

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
backlash, You can get a copy of the book at-----www.signumops.com
I received both of the books that I ordered within a few days. Great Company. They are really quick getting the orders out.
Good Luck.

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hello Old Man,

I must say it was a pleasure for me to work with my friend Terry on the translation of Claudio's book. There were literally hundreds of hours of detailed work of all three of us on the translation but we made it! You are right that Claudio is prime shipwreck researcher, I would highly recommend you to work with him.

Regarding the second edition of my book "Historic Shipwrecks of the Dominican Republic and Haiti", as I know Terry will start to work on it very soon. Not easy job for Terry to put everything together, because there are dozens of new shipwrecks and lot of more information that I managed to find during the whole year and almost 100 more pages, including new photos and maps. I hope that you will enjoy it as well!

Best regards,
Lobo (Bobadilla)

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
It's terrific to hear all the good things said about the research and the new books. I'll be ordering Claudio's soon. Old Man, I haven't set the date on the cookout yet. It will be either late April or early May. I don't want to get too far into the early dive season because I want all the active salvors to be able to make it.
I'll start a new thread for the 3rd Annual Treasure Hunter's cookout in the very near future.
Aquanut

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Bobadilla said:
Hello Old Man,

I must say it was a pleasure for me to work with my friend Terry on the translation of Claudio's book. There were literally hundreds of hours of detailed work of all three of us on the translation but we made it! You are right that Claudio is prime shipwreck researcher, I would highly recommend you to work with him.

Regarding the second edition of my book "Historic Shipwrecks of the Dominican Republic and Haiti", as I know Terry will start to work on it very soon. Not easy job for Terry to put everything together, because there are dozens of new shipwrecks and lot of more information that I managed to find during the whole year and almost 100 more pages, including new photos and maps. I hope that you will enjoy it as well!

Best regards,
Lobo (Bobadilla)

Just finished reading your book," Historic Shipwrecks of the Dominican Republic ", You put a lot of time into all that diving and research in the DR. I congratulate you and look forward to the new edition.

bronzecannons

Sep 1, 2005
Oceanside, CA
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yes, I just got it also and agree that it's a fantastic book and the wreck info is great!

The only thing that kind of irritated me was that none of the pages were numbered at all anywhere. So, what I had to do was to physically write the numbers on the bottom of each page myself. That's was the only solution in order to be able to find anything in the book.

TW

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bronzecannons,

Someone invented this little paper thing called a Bookmark!Now its digital!

bronzecannons

Sep 1, 2005
Oceanside, CA
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Fisheye,

Am I missing something here? Not sure if you're trying to be funny or what but my book came in the old fashioned paperback type (with no numbers on any of the pages anywhere).

TW

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bronzecannons,

Let me explain.
When you get a book with no page numbers to mark the last spot you were reading before you close the book,you bookmark it with a piece of paper,a knife or whatever fits in between the pages so you can go back to that numberless page to continue reading where you left off.If you cant find a piece of paper or whatever for a bookmark,then you can turn the book face down on the numberless page you were reading so you can go back to it later.

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gents:
The missing page numbers were not intentional. I found out Claudio was coming to Miami, so I wanted him to sign some copies to take to the Treasure Hunters Book Club meeting in Tampa at the beginning of January. I ordered 40, but my printer suddenly claimed that he could not print my file. Never mind that I had already printed a dozen with no problem. Knowing that I needed some lead time to get the books delivered to me so I could catch Claudio in Miami, I stayed up all night re-compiling the book in a lower version of Adobe PDF format (one of the hazards of jobbing out a print run is that not all printers have the same capability). In my haste, I did not number the pages, which is the last thing you do in Adobe when compiling a book. Meanwhile, having discovered this problem, I made an offer to the members of the book club wherein I agree to provide you with a numbered copy at my price. If you got one of these books, there is a serial number on the back page. PM me with that number and I will make arrangements for you. So far as I am aware, only autographed copies are missing page numbers. I need to know otherwise.
By the way, you can buy a copy and spend $44.00 freight and send the book to Spain and Claudio might be able to sign it for you, but he is all over the planet, and hard to catch.

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hi Old Man,

Thank you again for your kind words about my book "Historic Shipwrecks of the Dominican Republic and Haiti". It's truth that I spent lot of time and years searching for all the information, visiting the places of interest and shipwreck spots and diving there. Terry did a great job putting all the chapters together, adding some nice maps and drawings, and making all the necessary grammar corrections. I have been filling Terry with other material from time to time, I am still searching and we are thinking about some kind of new book that could appear one day. It will take still more time, I have not finished my researches yet, and also the composition of this new book is not clear yet. So, for the time being, enjoy the book "Historic Shipwrecks of the Dominican Republic and Haiti"!

Best regards,
Lubos

bronzecannons

Sep 1, 2005
Oceanside, CA
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Fisheye,

Have you ever in your life received a printed book with 378 pages inside that has no numbers printed on the pages? You're talking as if this is a common thing or you're an expert on this. This is a first for me so I was surprised. Your 'high tech' paper bookmark method is ridiculous. I want to be able to just look at the TABLE OF CONTENTS and be able to anytime just easily find that particular page/wreck/subject and that's why I manually numbered the entire book myself.

Signumops,

It's really not a problem now because I have already numbered all the pages. No, my book was not signed by anyone. There's two numbers on the last page as follows; 20994ILV00004B/288/P and 9 781450 724760. I guess this one just slipped through the cracks and somehow found its way to me. It's OK. Most likely I'll meet Claudio sometime later this year and get him to sign it.
Thanks!
TW

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Bobadilla said:

Best regards,
Lobo (Bobadilla)

I just bought the first edition right now from Lulu. Can't wait to get it and I'll buy the second when it comes out, too. I've been reading a ratty old paperback copy of "I Dive For Treasure" for the past couple nights and it definitely inspires one to dream big about shipwrecks in that area.

PS: from a search engine optimization standpoint, whenever you reference your book, you should use anchor text to send it back to whatever site you prefer. That way, when the Google spiders crawl this site, they will note that link in relation to the anchor text (in addition to the semantic relevance of the text that surrounds it) and it will help boost the ranking of the linked site, whenever people search for those particular keywords.

For example, if you want people to find Amazon when they search Google for the title, do it like this.

Historic Shipwrecks of the Dominican Republic and Haiti

You do that like this
Code:
[url=http://www.YourLinkHere.com]Anchor Text[/url]

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Man and all folks,
thanks for your opinion on my book. The next will be better. It is a right of all people who follow my career as a researcher.
My intention is to learn the history and truth.
Thanks also to Terry and Lubos.
All the best Claudio

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread