COASTAL ECUADOR ECO-LODGE

sanson

Greenie
Nov 30, 2010
Florida
I am looking for an opinion about starting an ECO-LODGE along the coastal part of Ecuador?
The ECO-LODGE would have lots of outdoor activities including diving! There are lots of untouched archeological ruins
along the coast in addition dozens of sunken colonial shipwrecks, I am not sure what the law is or what the Govt might think. I am just looking for an opinion

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
They have done well up in Costa Rica. I would go for it. What a wonderful place too.

Alaskan Adventurer

Dec 20, 2009
Ecuador
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Sanson. I am flying out to Quito, Ecuador in about 3 weeks for 3 months to do some prospecting. I know a few people who live all over Ecuador, and will be spending some time with them. I am bringing a Minelab metal detector along with my sluice. Do you plan on visiting soon?

I hear it is difficult getting passed the red tape when it comes to diving shipwrecks. An eco-lodge is very doable though and getting residency is pretty easy. You would be able to start the process simply by buying your property for the lodge. Most eco-lodges are in the Amazon basin though. You can't bring any Inca/Pre-Inca artifacts outside of the country legally. Finding a buyer in Ecuador is doable though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions