Spanish ship at her Majesty service

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
hammered said:
old man said:
MORE AND BEYOND OSSY said:

What does this have to do with treasure hunting??????????

Considering where it was built and where it is going "shipwrecks" :dontknow:

Hammered, This is a Navy Ship that is going to be carrying TANKS and HELICOPTERS. It was made for the Military for Protection of the Country it belongs to. Would you please explain to me how it is going to be involved in the recovery of shipwrecks?? Apparently I'm a little dense.

Quote from the item:

The navy's first amphibious landing ship, and the largest ship it has ever had, was launched in Spain overnight.

The ship, named HMAS Canberra, is able to carry helicopters, tanks and other heavy equipment, with a length of 230m and a displacement of 27,500 tonnes.

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_pirat: Are we supposed to be impressed? It's a pretty boat. Is it for a war or just to use for intimidating real Treasure Hunters and steal their hard earned gold and artifacts? :icon_scratch: I'm underwhelmed! If it is a warship then why is it on here other than being a curiosity. It's not the biggest ship ever built nor is it the most impressive.

Still, it is a pretty boat and I hope y'all have fun playing with it. Just remember that stealing from the natives is frowned upon in today's world and if it engages in transport of stolen goods, passengers for hire and other civilian endeavours it is an armed merchant ship that carries war equipment. Where have I heard that before? :laughing9: Pretty boat! :icon_pirat:

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like he is proud of the ship for his country , I do not see anything wrong with that . It may be in the wrong forum but that is ok also , easy fix .
And for his country I do think it is there largest , looking back on this I have not found any larger in size so far . But it is not as big as a Heavy Cruiser that I think they had in WW II but those ships came from the U.K .

4theMoney

Nov 1, 2008
#newsflash#....Hot off the press#flash#......Spanish reinvasion of Peru imminent........#stop#

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
with the name HMAS CANBARRA * and the FACT ITS GOING TO BE BASED IN SYDNEY-- its for the aussies "use" clearly -- it is just being built by a spanish shipyard---why are the aussies outsourcing the building of their warships to spain ? who knows

--- it looks a lot like a american type "troop assult carrier" made to carry helicopters to transport troops ashore rapidly instead of the old fashion landing craft -- the american ones carry huge hovercraft type vessels to land tanks and other vechiles and supplies

OP
OP
MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
with the name HMAS CANBARRA * and the FACT ITS GOING TO BE BASED IN SYDNEY-- its for the aussies "use" clearly -- it is just being built by a spanish shipyard---why are the aussies outsourcing the building of their warships to spain ? who knows

--- it looks a lot like a american type "troop assult carrier" made to carry helicopters to transport troops ashore rapidly instead of the old fashion landing craft -- the american ones carry huge hovercraft type vessels to land tanks and other vechiles and supplies
Ivan, Australia does not have the industry to built such a ship. Australia main Income is mining.
You will be interested to know that the US also bid on building such a ship for Australia. The Australian government has ordered Two.
IT IS AUSTRALIA'S BIGGEST NAVY SHIP . They normally use Zodiac inflatables :laughing7:
The tongue and Cheek post was referring to the English normally stealing Spanish ships in colonial times, and putting them into their
service. ( HMS )
aquanut, is right, it is going to Miami for Blowers to be fitted at, 4 the money shop !
Ossy

4theMoney

Nov 1, 2008
#newsflash#...Hot off the press..#flash#...Spain lands amphibious craft in Peru and leaves 42ft tall wooden horse before leaving.....#stop#

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Nice little boat Ossy. Looks like one of the life boats on the Roosevelt! :laughing9:

Attachments

• Roosevelt.jpg
    Roosevelt.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 201
OP
OP
MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salvor6 said:
Nice little boat Ossy. Looks like one of the life boats on the Roosevelt! :laughing9:
Your right , It's the one pushing from behind :laughing7: I hear the Enterprise has it own shopping mall inside.
4the money, what's with Peru, we have already taken all their silver and left it in the oceans for you to find.
And, no thanks :icon_pirat:
Ossy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread