ARS completes 20 day survey in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Black Duck said:
We have a lot of people asking what is going on with ARS-DR, here is some resent info

ARS completes 20 day survey in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

http://www.arsdr.com/?p=563

Black Duck, It was a pleasure meeting with you in Miami last weekend. I personally think you have some good wrecks in your area and we will be hearing about you bringing up gold and silver before Summer. Good Luck. I'll be in touch.

OP
OP
B

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks Old man good to see you too
Always have a plan,study the plan, stick to the plan, and it will work

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Thanks for the link. Nice photos. During the years I was living in Punta Cana I did about 4000 dives along that coast and know many of the wrecks. There are so many wrecks you just can't go wrong. Especially around Cabo Engano. At that time I didn't pick up any of the brass spikes, bits of copper sheating, glas and pottery fragments I used to find while searching for whole bottles and coins. Good luck and happy hunting.

OP
OP
B

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thats a lot of dives, I know the area quit well too I did surveys on all the U/W caves there 8-9 years ago at the time I did not do to much wreck stuff that came later

What year where the coins u found and what area did you find them where they on the out side the reef, how deep. You must know Mark and Dennie

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Unfortunately I didn't find many old coins and never found any cobs. The only silver coins I found are from the wreck Dr. Lubos Kordac (TN member Bobadilla) calls "Golden Coin Wreck". And they are from 1812 and 1814, so this ship didn`t sink around 1805 like Bobadilla suspects, but later. (don't have them anymore, they were stolen from my house together with the laptop, camera etc.) And I saw some more coins from after 1810 a friend found there too. The ballast mound is right in front of the "dog teeth" in less than 20 feet of water well inside the reef. It`s close to the abandoned former hotel "Sueno del Caribe". I know another small ballast mound in less than 10 feet of water inside the reef (an anchor is stuck on the reef there too) one cove south from Cabo Engano.

OP
OP
B

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks wrecker we found those sometime back did you take any photos of the coins its always great to look at stuff other people find

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread