Would a sub contractor on a 1715 site allow....

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I am pretty sure there has to be a boat with large enough letters and numbers to be clearly seen by the airplanes and helicopters that run up and down that stretch many times per day. I know people do just that, I have seen at least one diver with scuba and a DPV climbing out at Corrigan's. But I do know if they are caught it is big trouble.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would have to check with Queen's Jewels about that.

Probably one of the more important aspects would be having a GPS to be able to record positions of work/finds. Dry storage for required "onboard paperwork". A method and storage of using artifact tags on site.

You could simply build something to disply C number. Unless it's changed you would have to display a port and starboard and top in 12" lettering/numbering.

Just a few things off the top of my head.

OP
OP
R

raddoc

Mar 31, 2011
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
EXCAL...AQUAPULSE
I was think of being maybe an "extension" of the subcontractor's boat. Use their number, etc. If something is found, mark it (bouy) and have them record it as a find on their paperwork...?

I was on Mo's boat in 1988 when we found the 500 + pile of gold coins, etc. and am just interested seeing what I can find. I recall John Brandon finding a "2" one day just freestyling on the reef.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I know in the past (Fisher- pre-Brisban) that there were 2 boats allowed per C number, the big blower boat, and the little runaround that could help with anchoring, running people to shore, etc. I may be wrong about this now, so anyone with definite knowledge, chime in. But I know that you can snorkle and scuba and hookah, spearfish, lobster, collect shells, take pictures, etc, but no detecting in the lease areas. I dont know if you were one of the leasees, what would happen. I will call someone who would know, and get back. OK, just got off the phone with someone who was a conservator at the Fisher Museum in Sebastian, and he said the Fishers didnt allow it, but some other lease holders did it and included it in their logs. That is on specific leases inside the 1715 area. He suggested talking to Brisban about this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread