Treasure Hunters

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
It is amazing how many Treasure Hunters live in Brevard County Florida. I have been here for 69 years and have never met a single one.
How about having a get together in the near future at the Holiday Inn at Cocoa Beach.
What do you think of this?
Peg Leg
Hell, lets invite everyone who wants to come. Now who will be the Guest Speaker?

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peg,
The world is full of Treasure Hunters...the room would be too noisy if it were...someone would even try to move into ones red bouy'd area or bar stool....and start a ruckus...
I think it would make for a better get together.....if you asked for "Treasure Finders"...oops, can't do that...no-one would be talking...
Ask a cover charge of one small gold bar/ or contraband disk.

I would have to view from the outside looking in...but sounds like fun.

Trez

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
This really surprises me because I thought there were some serious Treasure Salvors in Brevard county Florida as well as the surrounding counties. Is this the Gold Coast or the B.S. Coast?
It makes me wonder.
Trez said to charge a cover charge but no one would show up.
But you know what? I think that I will have it anyway and maybe have some artifacts/treasure items on display for the public to see.
The Holiday Inn has a large covered area right on the beach that is about 10,000 sq.ft. covered and another 10,000 sq.ft above in open air with a Bar and Restaurant seperate.
Lets say that you had some items (recovered from the sea) that you wanted to show. What better place to do it than here. There are those than can talk the talk but cannot walk the walk.
I am seriously thinking about talking with Bob Marx and see if he wants to display a few items- He just might since he talks and visits schools in the area.
Can't wait to see the response to this posting.
HAVE AT IT.
Peg Leg

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peg Leg, I for one support your idea of a Brevard county Treasure Hunter get together, and the Holiday Inn at Cocoa Beach sounds good to me, any place with Rum will do. The problem of getting a guest speaker is that most of the professional full time Treasure hunters are very busy this time of of year (well, as long as the weather cooperates). You don't have to make it anything formal, just say any treasure hunter that is interested in meeting, meet on, say a Saturday morning at one of the many Brevard County Beach Banks.
At this time, I for one am not in Florida, but in the Pacific North West collecting some booty. I know it's summer, but it feels like a Florida winter up this way.
I sure hope that the Atlantic along the Space and Treasure Coast calms down soon. But I will be back to my barrier island hideout very soon.

Q

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Wreckdiver1715,
Thanks for your response. But a Bank is to formal a place because you can't have a drink or a smoke. However the open air place at the Sea side of the Holiday Inn is perfect. You can have a drink, smoke and have a meal at the same time and there is plenty of space available with tables and chairs.
Nothing like meeting with other THers and look at the Atlantic and feel the ocan breese at the same time. I think it will be a while before the Atlantic calms down to allow divers to see anything anyway. Just thinking out loud.
As far as a guest speaker is concerned I have no idea.
What if I can get Mr. Marx from Indialantic?
Peg Leg

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brevard County Beach Bank - A place that tourist, and novices come to deposit large amounts of booty in the sand. Also a place that savvy treasure hunters go with underwater metal detectors to make regular withdrawls.

Besides drinking and smoking are often over rated.

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
WD1715

Your bank obviously has branches across the country! Welcome to the Pacific Northwest, but leave some for us locals, please. If it is appropriate to do so, I would like to hear about your PNW project at some time.

Mariner

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Mariner, you have some very gorgeous county up this way. And today, not even a cloud in the sky. Just relaxing, visiting old friends and of course, as always doing a little nosing around in the shipwreck world, not on any specific project in particular this trip. However, I did open an account at the PNW treasure bank. ;) I'm staying at the Navy lodge at the Bangor Sub base, and I'm like a kid in a candy store. Wow, move over Bob Ballard, I sure would like to add some of this equipment to my shipwreck hunting gear.

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
WD 1715,

Sounds ideal. Of course, you know it never rains in this part of the country !! Great weather, and a terrific view of the Olympic range from there, I think. Good hunting !!

Mariner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions