Beware - Scammer offering Shipwreck Research - AGAIN!!

bronzecannons

Sep 1, 2005
Oceanside, CA
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Gentlemen, I think this may have already been posted but since I just received an email from this guy again this morning I'm posting this again;

Just today I received the below messages;

Hi,

I am an archival researcher and I have a great collection of archival documents and maps related to the spanish ships which sank in Philippines waters over the centuries.
We have thousands of archival documents and maps related to many shipwrecks from XVI to XIX century. Some of them sank in Philippines waters, also Cebu Island waters.

Okay, let me tell you what we have right now. We have a great documentation related to:
1. Galeon "San Diego" which sank in 1600 on the coast of Cebu Island,
2. Galeon "Santo Tomas" which sank in 1601 on the coast of Cebu Island,
3. Galeones "Santa Margarita" and "San Jeronimo" which sank in 1601 on the coast of Cebu Island,
4. Galeon "Santiago el Mayor" which sank in 1608 on the coast of Mindanao Island,
5. Galeon "San Diego" which sank in 1651 on the coast of Cebu Island,
6. Galeon "Nuestra Senora de la Encarnacion" which sank in 1654 on the coast of Cebu Island,
7. Galeon "San Francisco Javier" which sank in 1658 on the coast of Borongam, Eastern Samar,
8. Galeon "San Cristo de Burgos" which sank in 1727 on the coast of the Ticao Island,
9. Galeon "San Cristobal" which sank in 1736 on the coast of Capul Island,

And many many other shipwrecks in the area you could have an interest. I am sending a few samples just to show you that we have such large documentation.
If you are interested in such collection and if you think you would like to cooperate with us, please let us know.

Pawel
(END)

I replied back and then received the below message;

Hi again,

I'm sending some samples of the archival documents we have in our collection. These are more than 3,000 archival pages and maps related to the spanish shipwrecks in the Philippines waters. I already created a DVD with the documentation. I could send it to you for 200$.

We could also find a way to cooperate for a long time, maybe I could help you to develop some section about the Pacific shipwrecks ?

Keep me infromed.

Pawel

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 890
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 855
  • C.JPG
    C.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 766
  • D.JPG
    D.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 814
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Allo randi Sat, ya web footed Canadian. coffee and talk time :coffee2: :coffee2:

I couldn't tell from the letters or maps, but if he is referring to Cebu in the Philippines, . I was there during WW-II hmm shaddup ! sheesh.

It is a flat island, then mostly coconut plantings with the monument to Magellen on the north Eastern corner and the one to the the man that killed him in the town square at the southern end.

OOOPS. OK, OK, I am "mistaken" That was Mactan, which lies perhaps 500 - 1000 meters from Cebu. sniff. So now your impression of me is correct, I am not perfect despite my personal opinion

snicker.

But yes, this gentleman is the center of a lot of speculation, some to his benifit, many against him, so a person of a prudent nature would do well to thoroughly investigate any dealings with him before committing any money. However for some, he might be the answer to their questions and dreams.. Quien sabe?

Don Jose de La Mancha

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Just to sell some old maps is not worth anything . Maps with wreck-locations are a lot better . But he does not offer those does he ? Some written Spanish documents are of no value . Nice , but of no value to a treasure diver . If you had a map with wreck locations on it would you want to sell it ? Yes , if the wreck was already salvaged . Just my opinion . Cornelius

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I meet him, he will never walk away. Tomas Pawel Nowak... here's his phish from 2002:

Dear Sir,

I am an independent researcher and I have a great collection of archival documents related to the Spanish ships from XVII and XVIII century which sank in Florida, Cuba and Caribbean, (also Dominican Republic Island also) waters over the centuries.I have found these documents in Spanish archives like Archivo General de Indias in Seville and Archivo General de Simancas.If you are interested in such documents (like maps, manifests, early search and salvage records), please let me know as soon as possible.

If you are interested in the documents related to the Dominican shipwrecks, please let me know as I have some documents related to the Spanish shipwrecks which sank in these waters.

Now I would like to tell you more about the other documents (other than related to the Dominican waters) I have now in my collection. These are unpublished documents I have found in the sections “For Reference Only”. These are unpublished charts I have found in the section usually closed for the “investigadores”. Because I have a friend in AGS, and because I have some good contacts there, I recived a “tarjeta de investigador” and in the section “Mapas, Planos y Dibujos”.

I have found a lot of documents you could interested. I also have the documents related to the:
-Galeon Capitana de la Flota de Nueva Espana del General don Fulgencio de Meneses y dos navios mercantes which sank in 1603 in the Isla de Guadelupe waters,

-Cuatro galeones de la Armada de don Luis de Cordoba. Capitana San Roque, Almiranta Santo Domingo, y los galeones San Ambrosio y Nuestra Senora de Begona which sank in 1605 in the waters of Isla de Margarita and Serrana Banks,

-La Capitana de la Armada del Marques de Cadereyta Nuestra Senora de los Remedios y un galeon San Francisco da Paula de Francsisco Diaz Pimienta which sank in 1622,

-Galeon Nuestra Senora del Rosario de la Armada del Marques de Cadereyta which sank in 1622 in the “en los Cayos de la Tortuga”,

-Galeon San Jose de la Armada de Tomas de Larraspuru which sank in 1623 “a la entrada de San Juan de Puerto Rico”,

-Tres galeones Nuestra Senora de Iciar, Santisima Trinidad y Espiritu Santo de la Armada de don Antonio de Oquendo which sank in 1623 in the Straits of Florida,

-Galeon Nuestra Senora de la Candelaria de la Armada de Tomas de Larraspuru which sank in 1630 in “en el viaje de la vuelta”,-La Almiranta San Jose de la Armade del Mar del Sur which sank in 1631 “en callo en las Islas Garrachine” (Panama waters),

-La Capitana de la Armada del Mar del Sur Jesus Maria which sank in 1654 “en Chanduy” (Peru),
-La Almiranta de la Flota de Nueva Espana, Nuestra Senora de las Maravillas, al. mando de don Matias de Orelana which sank in 1656 “en los Mimbres” (Bahamas waters),

-Urca La Madama del Brasil, que llevaba plata extraida de los restos del Maravillas which sank in 1657 “en el Cayo de las Gordas” (Bahamas waters),

-La Almiranta y navio San Bernardo” de un convoy genoves que haba recogido plata de los galeones which sank in 1660 in the Straits of Florida.

If you think you could interested in such documents, please let me know.

Best regards,

Bill

Mar 19, 2003
Cocoa Beach
In the early part of the 2000's, we got the same email from Nowak. So we made up a name of a shipwreck and a near location, and asked for information. Nowak sent us a copy of a Spanish document with the name and said that the location would be sent after we paid for the info. Keep truckin' Pawel.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yep make up any fantasy wreck you wish , along with a wild tale about --and he will provide the "info" to match it *

he is worst than "useless" as he will lead folks down the money wasting trail --if some poor soul hears of a "treasure legend" type vessel (that could possibly actually exist) and is attempting to track it down -- his providing false info to them , instead of valid research * will lead them away from rather than toward their goal.

thats being a "dream crusher" of the worst sort --because he not only swipes what real info you got in the exchange of info --he feeds you misleading garbage in return as well as ripping you off fiscally ( the so called "documents" are * either totally bogus made up "spanish" documents / maps ormaybe copys of some real and old but basically worthless spanish maps / documents as far as treasure wreck hunting goes---- in exchange he takes away much needed "research funding" that is needed for real valid research and by the time you find out you been "had" much more money and valuible time will have been wasted as well. --(plus he most likely uses whatever "real info" he gets off you to prime the pump for his "next" victim -- by using your real info and blending it into the garbage he is selling to make it sound "valid")

dirtbags like that are what gives "researchers" a bad name .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread