I need a crew to help run salvage business

T

TB29

Hi, my name is Tim, and I am interested in starting a small treasure hunting business on the 1715 fleet. I have a great interest in the subject of treasure hunting, I also have had some experience in treasure hunting, however I do not live in Florida. I live further up north, I would be able to come to Florida a lot though. One other thing is that I am in high school, not that that would, not that that would make a difference in me helping run and organize the operation. Being in high school has not stopped me from trying to do many things like trying to license many different products to companies, one of which is a blanket-like metal detector. Other things I have done have been publishing articles online, and entering invention contests. The point I am getting at is that I will be fit for this job.
What I need now is some one or a couple of people who regularly dive/search the 1715 fleet wreck, you will also have to know the laws. I however currently know most of the laws. I would need someone to work part time to help run the business from Florida, this will not take long at all. Basically, you will help organize and carry out the explorations. I will stay in contact with you year round. What I will do are all of the other things that need to be done away from, the site like get you the information you need and all of the other things to make it successful. I will also help get you gear whether it be new types of gear that I build or other things that need to be bought. You can contact me at [email protected] about the details.

Thanks, Tim

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I wish I had the guts in high school to pull this off in the midst of the skeptics. Go for it, Tim! I hope it works out for you, bro! If I can help, let me know.

Best,
Darren

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim,
i hate to burst your bubble,unless you have a large boat already setup with blowers an all the equipment,an its in a marina,an have roughly $1000 a day or more for fuel,air,equipment breakdowns and to pay a expierenced crew to work the 1715 fleet wrecks it wont work,anyone can get a contract with the fishers for $1000 or less to work any of thier already found picked over wrecks.if you want to look for the rest of the fleet that hasnt been found,its gonna cost you more in state and lawyer fees.welcome to the forum.good luck.

OP
OP
T

TB29

Yea, I definately understand the points your making, its gonna cost much more than what I have to search for the un-discovered wreckage. But what are you talking about when you said
anyone can get a contract with the fishers for $1000 or less to work any of thier already found picked over wrecks.
I wonder if that would be something worth working tword.

-Tim

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tim,

all the info you need can be found at thier site.
http://www.melfisher.com/

if you have any questions,call taffy at the museum in sebastian

AA23

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i agree with Darren i say go for it Tim and to hell with the skeptics if u can somehow manage to make this work successfully, who knows, maybe in a couple years after i finish high school and then college if ur still in business I'll come to work for u lol but be sure and try and keep us updated on ur business maybe u should set up a website for ur company so we can follow ur progress.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
My post was meant to encourage you, Tim. That doesn't mean that you won't need a large dose of reality. Fisheye is dead on with his input. Most people are in love with the IDEA of treasure hunting, but when they see the cost and effort it will involve...well, you know. There's a difference between being interested and being committed. As long as you are committed, I say go for it. Listen to Fisheye and the others on this forum. They'll get you going in the right direction. Most of the knowledgable ones have finished high school :)

The $1000 will only get you a lease with the Fisher group. Then you'll need a boat, crew, equipment, time and money and maybe even an attorney along the way. If you're just trying to have fun and you don't mind paying a little (but don't want the large costs of above), then you can get the lease, do your research, pick a few spots to hunt, and get a friend with a jet ski/boat and a hose and go blow a few holes in the sand. Check the area with underwater metal detectors and have a good time. Your chances of finding something aren't as high as it would be with a full crew and equipment, but then again your chances are zilch if you do nothing!

Best,
Darren

OP
OP
T

TB29

Thanks for the help, I will take your advice into consideration and see where it takes me from there. I will update if anything happens and maybe start that website you recomended.

thanks, Tim

TXKajun

Oct 12, 2005
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 750
Tim, you said you were "only in high school" and wanted to put together a team of salvagers. There's going to be a bunch of folks saying that's way too ambitious a task for such a lad as you. To them, I say "BUSHWA!" (In other words, bu!!sh!t) LOL

Kid, you got a dream........and it sounds like you got the desire.....go for it! It may take you 2 or 3 years, it may take you 10-12 years, heck, it may take you the rest of your life! But if you know bunches of grownups, ask them if they ever had a true "dream" and whether or not they pursued it. I bet 75-85% will say, yes, they had a dream, but nope, didn't pursue due to getting married, life happening, etc. I tell ya, GO FOR IT! Get your education, first and foremost! Learn about the equipment you'll be wanting to use and how to fix it when it breaks, learn about financing and economics and money! Learn about the psychology of people, especially working in small to medium groups. Learn about the laws that'll impact you. Learn about yourself, first and foremost! And keep that dream and the desire first and foremost in your mind! YOU CAN DO IT! (I wonder how many folks told old Mel Fisher he was full of sh!t?? Guess he got the last laugh at them, right!! LOL)

Anyway, get after it and keep after it!

HH, ya'll!
Kajun

T

trapperjon

tim,you need to look for a venture capitlist,GRANTor investors to invest in your project. but first put together a plan you can sell them.what you also need is a balance sheet in your plan to show expenses/writeoffs/tax advantages/possible losses,and of course profits. You can pay a proffessional to put together these packages. Question that will be asked/WHY SHOULD I BE A INVESTOR IN YOUR TREASURE SEARCH? oK,IF YOU CAN SELL ICEBOXES TO ESKOMOS,YOU HAVE A CHANCE. iF NOT, YOU BETTER HAVE A REALLY GOOD PLAN.I SUGGEST MOVEING THE PROJECT FROM FLORIDA,AS THEIR IS TO MUCH MONEY/PAYOFFS/POLITICS BETTING AGAIST YOU FROM THE GETGO.
BUT BY ALL MEANS GO FOR IT,AND GOOD LUCK.

OP
OP
T

TB29

I would like to update you on where I am with starting my salvage business, Currently I have just contacted Taffi Fisher about getting a lease to search one of the wreck sites, I will try to get the lease from them as soon as possible. I have also created a website to help me organize and show what I have done so far. The website will also help inform others about my company. The website address is www.treasuresalvage.bravehost.com, it is not finished yet but by tomorrow I should have the basic parts of it done. I hope to get some people who will be able to carry out some of the salvage operations from Florida within the next month or so, but in the mean time I am looking for investors to help get more of the funding the company needs. I am also going to be away soon so I will not be around to talk to anyone for about two weeks in case anyone tries to contact me.

Thanks, Tim

toolmaker

Jun 26, 2005
Nothing worth doing can be done easily, its just a rule of life. Am an avid treasure hunter, used to post here a few years back. I am in China now, researching history, intrepreting charts and notations, etc, and continueing the search for lost treasure.
People that achieve success have one thing in common; at the end of the day you dust yourself off, and start the next day just as enthused.

Heavy Chevy

Jun 18, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and others
Hello Tim,

And welcome to the forum.
I have a good feeling about this young man.
He sounds like he has all his "ducks in a row."
I am sure he will learn that treasure hunting has actually very little glamour.
But with dedication, hard work and lotsa luck it can pay off.
If he has this much gumption and he is still in high school,
i think he will be the next Mel Fisher. Or Donald Trump.

Good luck to you in your pursuits,

Mike in SC

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
All I can say is without DOLLARS no one is going to leave the docks. The first thing you must do is have a location THEN the proper permits.
Do some serious research and ask plenty of questions and listen to what is being said.
Peg Leg

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI TIM: Side thingie, exploration work, in land or sea, is NOT a life of milk and honey. You must be ready to live under primitve conditions - unless you are in a well fnanced program - for indefinite periods which will requre loads of patience, faith, and compatability.

Our friend Cornelious, among many many others , can tell you this.

You must be able to work with people that you may actually hate for one reason or another in order to get the job done.

You might even have to work with someone like DOC, mi bestest buddy Capt Sossi, or horrors, even Me. hehehehehehhe

Tropical Tramp

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread