"The Dare" starting survey work on Fishers new wreck!!

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "The Dare" starting survey work on Fisher's new wreck!!

Theres a bunch of wrecks 30 to 60 miles off the cape.Some were found when they were looking for the parts to the challenger shuttle.Its all on the NASA website if you know how to find it.Everything they found out there is documented.I read 1 report where they found a bud beer can in 900 feet of water.I guess they were cruising rov's around all over the bottom after they did mag and SS surveys.

inletsurf

Oct 1, 2006
Sebastian Inlet, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FISHEYE said:
Theres a bunch of wrecks 30 to 60 miles off the cape.Some were found when they were looking for the parts to the challenger shuttle.Its all on the NASA website if you know how to find it.Everything they found out there is documented.I read 1 report where they found a bud beer can in 900 feet of water.I guess they were cruising rov's around all over the bottom after they did mag and SS surveys.

There are a lot more recent wrecks from the past 100 years, and rocket debris, than you can shake a stick at. I do have an old number from a 80's loran book that describes a spot as a spanish galleon but have yet to find it.

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NO blasters... but in the previous photo they had their chase boat (?) Hope they find an immense fortune!
Photo taken today about 1100 hours.

Attachments

• Dare.gif
    Dare.gif
    605.6 KB · Views: 396
  • Dare.gif
    Dare.gif
    605.6 KB · Views: 385

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

With the price of gold around $1500 a oz.It might be a good idea to go and find some rocket parts and debris.They used alot of gold and platinum in building rockets.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

well you need to be 3 out miles ro avoid state territorial "paperwork" hassles -- and 12 miles out (on the east coast of florida) at a minimum to avoid federal govt territorial paperwork hassles --that being the case * I'd say start with the ideal that they are at least 12 miles off the US mainland * Mel's kids grew up with their father in court all the time , I figger thy learned a little sumpin by that --say out of waters where you can get legally tied up in knots in court having to blow lots of money by "GRUBBERMINT TYPES" --

so only hunt vessels in "international waters" outside of territorial claimed areas -- and find only "pirate vessels or mechant ships" --to avoid the international "warship" clause that spain likes to try and use to cover all of its treasure vessels. :wink:

taffi is no ones fool , she grew up learning how "the dirty game" of getting state and federal permits and other types of "legal" permission to work is played.

inletsurf

Oct 1, 2006
Sebastian Inlet, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FISHEYE said:

Here is a clip from the salvage report. I can tell you with certainty that there are more than 13 shipwrecks in the wide search area they investigated. Fact is, they didn't catch everything. For example, the SRB nose cones washed up in Cocoa Beach in the late 90's. Also, there are significant pieces of the orbiter that a few people fish on a semi-regular basis.

OVERALL STATISTICS MISCELLANEOUS INVESTIGATIONS
Total Number of Contacts 881
Total Investigated 711
Other Rocketry Debris 13
Lost Aircraft 2
Total Shuttle Contacts 187
Shipwrecks 13
Total Recovered Shuttle Contacts 167
Geological Formations 256
Total Booster Contacts 48
Other Scrap and Waste 112
Total Recovered Booster Contacts 35