treasureldy

Jul 21, 2003
Colorado

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Mailboxes dont increase your draft, because they are out of the water when you are running. When you stop to blow, they are lowered into place. If they were in place, you would not move much ;D.

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
in that shallow of water you will be kicking alot of sand/mud/rocks/and trash into the water. I would use a vertical shaft motor like on a push lawnmower and fit it to a tube that could be lowered to the water or just below the surface. if you run the boats motors you will probably ruin them while the water intakes foul with all the crap. a posthole digger with a good sized prop I think would do the trick

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For that size of a boat i wouldnt recommend goin in shallow water with it on the 1715 fleet sites,even with a 3.5 foot draft.You would be better off working the deeper areas.Isnt that carri-craft a catamaran type of houseboat?

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
If you plan on working shallow, I would say a deflector plate would be the best option without adding much to the draft. The blowers will add several feet when in the lowered position.

Robert

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The blowers will add several feet when in the lowered position."

Not if they are made of aluminum.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Not if they are made of aluminum.
?????? ? ? If they were made of steel, would they be deeper draft? It doesnt matter what they are made of. Your props are about the deepest part. Then you have the downward turn and straight down pipe. That will add a few feet onto it. 2-3-5 feet. And yes, a Carri-craft is a big houseboat like catamaran.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
They are suggesting the weight of the blowers on the transom will increase the overall draft of the vessel. It might, but not much. If it is an issue, then you are in shallower water than you safely ought to be.

OP
OP
treasureldy

treasureldy

Jul 21, 2003
Colorado
Thank you so much for all of the valuable input......I tend to lean toward working in deeper water with this boat.....and while it is strange to use this type of boat... it is all that we have :-[ for this season. I'd rather try something....than nothing. Thanks again :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions