1715 beaqch

cpt scuba

Jul 17, 2006
:)being new to this forum i get to ask some dumb questions right ?? what can me and my kids do with our metal detectors on the beach where the 1715 wrecks are?? thats legal and safe. we would just like to find one nice coin to make a necklace .we lived in the keys for twenty years and dove most of the 1733 wrecks never found a good coin lots of artifacts but not much else. have been reading this forum and have been very impresed with the people posting thanx for the help.

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Welcome to the forum. No dumb questions here, just dumb answers! The group here is excellent and I am sure you will find lots of great info.

You can work the area from the base of the dune line to the mean low water mark. Basically don't take your detector in the water in the lease areas. I was just down there two weeks ago and the beaches had a lot of sand on them from the re-nourishment projects. I detected a few specific areas for a little while with no success. You will need to wait until a storm comes through and makes a cut on the beach to possibly reveal some treasures.

Good Luck, you still may find something along the water line. Let us know if you have any success!

Robert in SC

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The feds dumped about 10 feet of sand on all those beaches.best to wait till after the next big hurricane to wash it all away.then you will have better luck finding the old stuff.right now all you will find is modern trash.unless you happen to have a bull dozer or back hoe to dig very deep.

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cpt scuba said:
:)being new to this forum i get to ask some dumb questions right ?? what can me and my kids do with our metal detectors on the beach where the 1715 wrecks are?? thats legal and safe. we would just like to find one nice coin to make a necklace .we lived in the keys for twenty years and dove most of the 1733 wrecks never found a good coin lots of artifacts but not much else. have been reading this forum and have been very impresed with the people posting thanx for the help.

Wait until after a good storm comes through. You can stop by Fishers Museum in Sebastian and pick up a little manual that will give you exact directions to each of the beaches or do a little research on line. Everyone has their techniques with the MD. I like to work from the base of the dune line out about 6/8 feet (don't disturb the Sea Grapes or any Turtle Nests or the local residents will be on you). I also like to work the water line (but not out in the water unless you have a contract). Green Turtle, The Cabin, and Chucks are my favorites but a long walk up to Round House can be really nice after a good storm.
Deepsix

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread