the states 25 percent

budda10000

Jul 30, 2006
outside fo collecting taxes on any income earned from the treasure what exactly gives any government claim on a tresure found in the ocean. The state made no effort to locate/recover the treasure. The original owners were most likely eurpoean if it was found in the carribean so how does FL come into the equation>? Seems just another ploy by fed/state gov to get there greedy hands on somthing that doesnt belong to them.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Donovan said:
I don't know how many artifacts the State of Florida has in their possesion, I am sure it's a bunch. But you just can't put everything on display. There is just to much stuff. We have something in excess of 250000 items here in Key West. At the most only a few hundred objects can be displayed at the same time.

Hmmm...kinda kills the debate between needing to be in a museum vs. a private collection.

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
This is what really grips my ass.
Not only does the State of Florida take what they want but when the items are displayed it is small artifacts that does not impress anyone and when they show Gold and Silver it is FAKE (made in China). It is like buying a REAL TOMOHAWK made from rubber and make in Tiawan or India.
Donavan you said that you were a Free Lance photography but was working for Mel Fisher at the time when you recovered the Gold Chain. Please explain how this is different from being a Treasure Hunter/Salvor- there AIN'T NO DIFFERENCE.
Any one here ever been to the State Museum at McClarty Park. You know the one with all the little figures that show the Indians.
I will tell you one thing and that is when MY Pirate Cove Project gets finished the only thing you will see is the REAL THING AND NOT A BUNCH OF FAKE/COUTERFIET CRAP.
Peg Leg
Sorry about the spelling my spell check is down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread