Columbia Permit ! Fact or Fiction Question ?

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
I read today on another site that a company insider for a Pink Sheet Publicly Traded Treasure Hunting Company stated that a certain company has been issued a treasure hunting permit for Columbia. Does anyone with any real knowledge know if Columbia is issuing treasure salvage permits?? The last I heard they weren't, but it would be nice to know if Columbia really is issuing permits.

I hope this isn't just another story like the one where Peru is issuing a permit for profit to another company.

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
piratediver said:
Old man: this wouldn't be the same company that just claimed to have gotten a permit in Peru would it?

Pirate Diver

No it's another Company that their boat Captain claims they are about to find a very rich wreck from the 1500's in 50 feet of water very close to where SeaHunter and Capt Dom are working their sites. I thinks it maybe the same type of hype, but I was curious if Columbia was in fact issuing permits now.

piratediver

Jun 29, 2006
newport, Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where are Seahunter and Capt. Dom working, in Florida?

I'm good friends with the Colombian CNO so if this was happening it would be a real surprise to me too!

Pirate Diver

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
piratediver said:
Where are Seahunter and Capt. Dom working, in Florida?

I'm good friends with the Colombian CNO so if this was happening it would be a real surprise to me too!

Pirate Diver

SeaHunter and Capt Dom are working Jupiter Inlet. I believe the other company is working just north of there.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If you are talking about Seafarer, they are subcontracting the Juno wreck area which is just a few miles South of Jupiter. I think they have been there for a while, but have done nothing. There also is a wreck /permit area Tiger Shores that is North of Jupiter. I dont think anyone is working it though. Or has not found anything if they did.

Panfilo

Feb 20, 2007
No truth to that story Old Man, before any exploration and recovery permits are issued here, a new law regulating the subject has to be passed by Congress (approved by the Senate, House and the President) and there has been no such initiative up until now. Best case scenario in a year we'll have a new law, the question being if the proposal will be compatible with commercial enterprises.
Panfilo

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Columbia? Colombia? North of Jupier inlet? South of Jupiter inlet? :icon_scratch: :dontknow: Which one is it?

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Chagy said:
Columbia? Colombia? North of Jupier inlet? South of Jupiter inlet? :icon_scratch: :dontknow: Which one is it?

Chagy. Columbia the Country in South America. The one just below Panama. The other site is the Juno Beach site, near Jupiter Inlet.
The Company insider that made the statement was talking about 2 different sites in two Different Countries.

the count

Aug 3, 2011
chateau d'if
does anyone have the name of the company insider in question....here is an article everyone might
find interesting....

http://www.galleonventures.com/ElEspectadorEnglish.pdf

burt webber himself was lobbying hard for a lease in colombia
any insight about this would be most appreciated.

this article also mentions a DANIEL..dont know if he is the same one
referred to in this thread or not.

taking the confusion out of all of this is my objective as i am a big san jose buff for one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread