Are they looking for ghosts on the Wedge Wreck?

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
A

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mad4wrecks said:
I was thinking about getting to Pepper Park about an hour before the event starts, don a white sheet over my scuba gear, get out in the water and then emerge & climb out right in front of them!

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida
Well I couldn't resist, so I headed out for what turned into the best week of exploration that I have had in a while. The ghost hunters turned out to be some really nice folks and boy was I surprised at the things I saw on the beach that night.
It was around midnight when we headed out for the beach from our hotel, and this was because of the bad weather. There were three phsycics and about a dozen people that showed up. They had some pretty expensive and impressive equipment with them and I was impressed at the results of our evening. As we walked down the beach, heading away from the navy seal museum, the phsycics brought us to a point that they said had lots of spirit activity. They set up a beach blanket and started doing their thing. The leader, a nice guy named mike, started to try and communicate, in a loud and authoritative yet respectful and kind tone of voice he began to attempt to speak to the spirits. They had three mag lights with them and they threw them on the blanket, one guy was filming and the rest of us gathered around the blanket. He began by stating that we were there to communicate with them and that the items on the blanket were there for them to use to make contact with us, he asked the spirits to go onto the blanket and put their energy on the lights and it would make them light up. well wouldn't ya know those friggin lights were flashing like the neon lites on broadway in no time at all. After getting some control over the light flashing Mike began to have a question and answer hour with the ghosts. He would start by saying "if you are a man make the light flash once, if you are a female make the light flash twice", dang if that light didn't flash once and then went dead, no pun intended, till the next question. I brought a friend with me and she brought her metal detector with her waiting for the right moment to put it to use. At one point the phsycics started to get a little unraveled, and mike asked them what was wrong, they all replied that they could not look out at the ocean because they could see hundreds of souls walking out of the water onto the beach. Mike went on to grill...I mean question the spirits about their unfortunate demise, they were for the most part victims of the 1715 fleet. At one point the phsycics said there was this one spirit calling them out into the water, well my friend...who had been drinking since she got to the hotel...saw an opportunity and jumped up with her detector and yelled out "point me in the right direction"...as she ran out into the surf...bless her heart...even though she did not find anything as we were walking out onto the beach we came across a pair of denim shorts with a gold watch and keys in the pocket, which had a local Florida University tag on them...I was told that they would try and locate the person who lost their pants by putting up a post on Craig's list lost and found...maybe its just me and my experience on the underwater search and rescue team that I have been on since 1994, but I would have turned in those items to the local police and showed them where they were found...but it wasn't my rodeo so I wasn't about to tell them how to ride it out...if ya know what i mean.
The high light of the night for me was the end when mike asked if there was anything that anyone wanted to ask, and my friend said ..."yeah, Bob give me a cigarette and where the hell is all the treasure!"

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
WOW! I wish I would have been there.

Fla-Gal

Feb 14, 2008
Limo Bob-OMG it sounds like this was as much fun as the picnic !!! Thanks for the 'details' . Hope they found the owner of the "pants".....

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida
Au_Dreamers said:
Maybe one of the Ghosts will tell them what ship it really is?!!? :icon_pirat:

Au-Dreamers, Mike was questioning the spirits about who the Captain of their ship was...and with my own ears I heard Sebastian...they had some kind of radio frequency thing that supposedly picked up voices. All I know is that I heard Mike communicating with several ...lets say spirits...and they all came through with a different voice. This would have been very hard to fake, since I would say I heard about a dozen different voices...none the same. So if any of you know what ship from the 1715 fleet had a Captain named Sebastian, some of his men are lurking around near Pepper beach park. Oh, and at one point Mike asked if this one spirit knew how old he was...and I could sense the confusion in his voice when he said " Ah I don't know"...that creeped me out.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You would think they would reply in Spanish. :icon_scratch: Maybe ghosts are multi-lingual? :dontknow:

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida
mad4wrecks said:
You would think they would reply in Spanish. :icon_scratch: Maybe ghosts are multi-lingual? :dontknow:

Good question Tom, and I asked them...they replied that once you cross over all language is known, and not an issue. I must say that what I heard come from that static radio wave box definitely had a Spanish accent...except for this one guy who said his name was George. :dontknow:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
many who are i g n o r a n t of the ways of the dead * mock and jest about those who do know of such things * --there are more things on this planet and in existance than any one man (no matter how wize he is) knows of .

question -- ask yourself this simple question --do you think sounds and visual images can travel thru SPACE and TIME?

think carefully =-- because you've seen them do it * if you seen air broadcast TV --you have seen both visual images and sound transmissions travel from the broadcast station to your house* --it took a few milliseconds for the "signal" to travel from the station to your home --thus it travel both thru SPACE (station to your home) and since it took a few miliseconds --thru TIME as well .

air radio also shows that sound over SPACE / TIME is also possible as well.

so it IS possible for images and sounds to travel thru space and time as electrical impulses *

its well known that the human body runs off of electrical impulses made by the body -- when a body dies "where" does the current energy "trapped" within the body go?

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida
Tom, Ivan, I must admit that I was wishing you guys were there that night because of your knowledge of the 1715 fleet with regards to the Captain's names and vessel names. They plan on going back for another visit, and I feel that someone with enough knowledge about the fleet and it's crew should be there to either support or disprove the events that may or may not take place. They were getting information like name, age and rank, as well as vessel name and I just didn't know anything. But I do remember the one voice very clearly saying that the Captains name was Sebastian. Was there a ship in the 1715 fleet who had a Captain named Sebastian, and if so which vessel was he in comand of? :icon_scratch:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know when the next ghost busters party is,id like to check it out.Ive seen flying saucers,anti gravy triangle ships,giant orbs and big foot but never seen or heard any ghosts or spirits.

OP
OP
A

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scubatreasure said:
Tom, Ivan, I must admit that I was wishing you guys were there that night because of your knowledge of the 1715 fleet with regards to the Captain's names and vessel names. They plan on going back for another visit, and I feel that someone with enough knowledge about the fleet and it's crew should be there to either support or disprove the events that may or may not take place. They were getting information like name, age and rank, as well as vessel name and I just didn't know anything. But I do remember the one voice very clearly saying that the Captains name was Sebastian. Was there a ship in the 1715 fleet who had a Captain named Sebastian, and if so which vessel was he in comand of? :icon_scratch:

I guess we should check for a transcript!

Scubatreasure, Ok ummm Gee what do I do now. I can’t believe you said that name.
I've had a theory for years from doing my own research. It’s a little off the norm so I’ve kept it to myself…

Should I say something or keep quiet?

Well what kind of a community/family member would I be?

I have broad shoulders so I guess I can bare the weight/ridicule if it comes.

I have only one Captain of the 1715 Fleet named Sebastian and that is Sebastian Mendez Captain of Echeverz’s Capitana Nuestra Senora Del Carmen.

The floor is open…

OP
OP
A

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mad4wrecks said:

Tom from what I “know” is that they speak like when the holy spirit spoke at Pentecost. Their “voice” is heard in the language of the listener. But that’s just one theory!

LiquidAsset

Sep 8, 2010
Somewhere Beautiful......
Detector(s) used
A plethora of gadgets...
Bob, we had a great time. Fascinating to say the least. I was the one asking the treasure questions. I do believe I was ignored. So, a spirit woman was in the water flagging us in. I ran with my detector and cocktail just to see how fun this could get. I found no treasure and due to the rules was not able to penetrate the water anyway. But it was a blast.

In the formed circle, there were a ton of dead spirits making communication. Many distinct names along with distinct voices were coming thru the electronics. I was not as attentive as my friend Bob. I was more focused on finding loot and partying.

All jokes aside some pretty intense visuals and experiences were happening non-stop. When the group got into position hundreds of dead spirits arose out of the water and were frolicking around us.

If we do it again, we will have a very structured process on how to communicate with the "spirits" solely in regards to the historical/treasure aspect......

Good times....................... :sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions