Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Re: The American Dream Salvaging Spanish Sunken Treasure 2011 Bob "Frogfoot" Weller

Au_Dreamers:

I can highly recommend, from personal experience, this Seminar. It is a unique opportunity to learn a great deal of practical knowledge in a short amount of time.

I had the rare opportunity to meet and speak with Jack Haskins at one of these. The gentleman was recovering from a major medical event and it was difficult for him to speak. He was patient, answered all my questions, and proved he is a treasure hunter from the Old School.

For anyone who wants solid, professional information on successful treasure salvage - don't pass this up!

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

lafnian1990

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as I know, the person who found the treasures manages them. But he is obliged to pay tax for them.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
It Depends...

As is so often true in life, the correct answer is "It depends..."

Florida has a detailed licensing system, that includes which party may claim which portion of the plunder. Most states don't license - particularly if the finds are on land.

Plan for success - know the laws ahead of time, have all requisite agreements in place and in writing, make sure you have a detailed plan for the disposition of what you recover including how you are going to convert it into cash, etc.

Remember - there are only two situations when treasure hunters find themselves with serious problems: When they don't find anything, or when they do.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
darelaranovskie:

That's been the case for a great many years. Look at the history of treasure trove and ship salvage in England and Great Britain. Look at the Spanish crown seizing the famous Planchas de Plata as treasure trove and not mined silver in Colonial America. Why? Because the find was so rich.

Can you name a time and place where the government didn't control, one way or another, a treasure recovery?

The fact is that it is still very possible today. Yes, there are laws, rules, and regulations - including taxes. But that doesn't prevent people from continuing to make nice finds.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread