wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the next two days, Wednesday and Thursday of this week, those who observe or otherwise monitor the activities of treasure salvers along Florida's many miles of coast will see much unusual activity, many of the boats involved in the search for Spanish treasure will be moving further off shore into deeper water, and divers will be making many dives for short periods, and returning to the surface with bags of booty, and then returning to the oceans bottom to collect more.
I, and my ship mates will be working the area several miles North East of Sebastian Inlet in 60 to 90 feet of water. The treasure we are recovering, we will not have to share any with the State, unless they bring the beer.
At the end of the day, be prepared for many a drunken party on the beaches up and down the coast as these treasure salvers freely share there booty from the bottom with family and friends.
Thats right! it's the annual two day mini season for spinney lobster.

Corona anyone!

KGCnewbieseeker

Oct 29, 2005
FL
dont get me wrong i like lobster but befor you boil broil or grill or whatever ya'll do please refigrate them so I dont hear the m screaming! if you refrigerated them they go into a coma and dont know they are being cooked alive! butter anyone?

Bassfish

Jul 12, 2006
Lobster goes great with fresh cold water smallmouth!! Onions, butter, and Corona!!

Maybe a Blue Crab or two thrown in for good measure!

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I grew up in S. Louisiana eating crawfish. Anyone ever try boiling a lobster in crab boil? I've always wanted to try it, but never did. Have a great time, guys!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darren in NC said:
I grew up in S. Louisiana eating crawfish. Anyone ever try boiling a lobster in crab boil? I've always wanted to try it, but never did. Have a great time, guys!
Not yet! But I do use it on shrimp.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
'scuse me while I go get my bib. :)

OP
OP
wreckdiver1715

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Capt Z, thanks for the concern my friend, I always hate to hear about diving accidents. It is risky business and a dangerous sport even for those who take many safety precautions. Fortunately for me and my crew, we all made it back to the dock safe and sound. Al tho, I cant say the same for many of them there lobster ;)
We started the day out on the 60 foot reefs, but once you got below the thermalcline the vis went to zero out in the deeper water. Once we got close into shore down by Vero beach the vis got better. No luck with the lobster, so we moved north and visited some of the 1715 wrecks along the way. Our best luck was down along treasure beach, and again up by the Cabin wreck site. All in all we Had a good time and sucked the tanks dry chasing them big ol bugs out from under the rocks and into the bags.

OP
OP
wreckdiver1715

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wreckdiver1715 and his dive buddy sidekick hayhore near the cabin wrecksite

Attachments

• bugs 005a.jpg
    bugs 005a.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 665

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lobster, clam chowder, corn on the cob, cold beer, and watermelon for desert, ummmm, umm! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
That looks like an undersize red grouper!

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
My dinner from last month in an "undisclosed" Central American country ;)

Jason

Attachments

• bugs.jpg
    bugs.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 409

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You hit the nail on the head Joseph! And yes, I caught those with my "brotha from anotha mutha" as he would tell it. More time than life!

J

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread