My email to and response from Governor Rick Scott

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have got enough money from the exploration lease holders already.Every year they get more money and make lease holders jump thru more hoops.Its a never ending cycle.And they get to keep all the treasure we find till a salvage contract is awarded when ever that may be in the distant future.Give that response letter to the news stations(CNN,FOX,etc) to show the people what a canned response they get.Or Get a news reporter to interview you about our cause.Whos up for this?Mad4wrecks or DOM are speakers on our cause.

Dont just leave bubbles.Make Waves!

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Whos up for this?Mad4wrecks or DOM are speakers on our cause.

Whenever I am around politicians my tourette's syndrome starts to act up.

OP
OP
bikerlawyer

bikerlawyer

Jan 9, 2008
Melbourne Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to admit all I expected was a canned form letter, just like when I write to my senator, Haridopolis, or any other legislators. And unfortunately for society as a whole, I think that is all anyone expects anymore.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
poly - greek word meaning "many"

tick - "blood sucking pest"

polyticks -- is thus --self explaining * --- many blood sucking pest

GulfDiver

Greenie
Feb 4, 2011
Cappy Z. said:
As someone who frequents the shipwreck threads often, I find it shocking that no new diving permits have been issued in 20 years? If this true..then wow. Something sounds 'rigged' and like bad fish.

But isn't there another thread here about SeaFarer (whoever that is) getting a three year permit? So does this indicate the State is handing out diving permits? I'm not up on all the politics, just seems that someone got a permit recently.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seafarer got a exploratory permit not a salvage permit.Whatever they find has to be conserved and turned into the state.Right now anyone can get a exploratory permit.Tell the state you have a wreck site,pay them money,get surveys,pay them more money,jump thru more hoops,pay them more money and so on and so on.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mad4wrecks said:
Whenever I am around politicians my tourette's syndrome starts to act up.
That must be catching! ;D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
yep "pay to look" permits (exploritory permits) which are totally worthless garbage permits unless one gets a "salvage" permit later on --matter of fact its worse than nothing at all --since you waste your funds doing "research pro bono" for the state -- a "exploritory permit" is like paying a stripper to look at her in a strip tease bar , you can look at her but you can not touch her or have anything to do with her.

basically all you can do is oohh and ahh about what you "found" with a explority permit -- which is ok for non profiet "archie" type folks who are tax payor or college supported --- but it is a death sentance to "for profiet types"---because if one can not "profiet fiscally" who will invest their money in "a money pit" cash loser like that?

salvors MUST have it in writing from the state ***that if the explority permits that they "pay for" show that a valuible wrecksite has been found, that THEY WILL BE GRANTED SALVAGE PERMITS -- otherwize its a waste of time and effort benefieting no one but the state which recieves "free research" via the "mandatory" update and status reports issued to the state by the folks who were granted exploritry permits .

it is my view that "looking permits" (exploritory permits) should be "free"(thus no cost or a mere filing fee ) --but they should have to be filed * this will allow the state to keep track of who is "legally" looking where *(to prevent "poaching" of sites -whichh is a duty of the states) -- the free / low cost is because the site / area might be a dud --thus under current rules you "paid" a good sized fee to find nothing *--however under my ideal method if one finds something of interest the next stage "permit" --a "research permit" could cost a bit of cash * and would allow for the collecting of a small amount of "sample" items to assist in IDing the age and type and possible nationality of the vessel (maybe even the name) -- by fiscally commiting to this "research permit" --the permit holder would automatically upon request be issued "salvage" permit for a set fee and % of finds -- unless the vessel is a type that is barred from salvage by law ( ie a warship)

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ivan,

You are going to the wrong strip clubs.Go to mons venus in tampa.You can touch the strippers and get lap dances there.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
I got a good wife -- no strippers needed * just say --honey it's bedtime. --no problem. :wink:

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
The control word in 1A-32 Research and Recovery Agreements
is "recovery"......

Unfortunately each one {agreement} is worded differently and subject different stipulations.
A little bird told me recently that the Seafarer folks may have been able to possibly expose
in a public manner - what we all know to be true {it is DHR policy to subvert and resort to obfuscation
to obstruct private sector salvager interests } and that is why DHR rolled over
and gave them the 3 year agreement.

As a director of JWI, I have asked its President to inquire with our Admiralty Attorney
about this issue and do its best to see that our agreements run concurrent
with this recent unilateral decision by DHR.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
I got a good wife -- no strippers needed * just say --honey it's bedtime. --no problem. :wink:
Is that when she makes you go to your room? ;D

It was a rhetorical question, silly!
For My Christmas gift, I bought my hubby a new mattress and box spring! LOL! :-*
No reloader this year! >:(

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
nope thats when she goes to my room * and leaves later with a smile .(never got a "no" yet -- a smart women leaves nothing for another woman to get at)---a well fed and breed man has no need to "look" elsewhere nor much desire to (if he's smart fellow that is--cuz only a idiot screws up a good deal )

the secert of a happy marriage is seperate bedrooms -- that way both of you get a good nights sleep , and your only "together" for the good stuff when both of you "feel like it" . :wink: :icon_thumright:

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
Oh by the way......

I did call our Admiralty Attorney about this issue....
He suggested I make a Florida Statute, article 119 request
about any and all communication about this subject, 1A-32 Reseach & Recovery
Agreement to The Department of State, as a director of JWI. and a citizen
and tax payer of our fair state....

This request was sent by me yesterday, certified return requested.....

Seeing Ms. Julie at "Citizen's Services { 850 / 488-7146 850 / 487-0801 (fax) doesn't have an email address
I called her.... Just to give her a "heads up" that she had referred the problem in her correspondence... to the problem....!

I suggest if any of you actually give a crap about what is going on
do the same.....

I let her know this is not a "small or minor" issue and that
it involved potentially 10's of millions of dollars that could be
being spent in Florida and an increase in "jobs" as well as
being a genuine case of Gov Rick's actually full filling a campaign promise
to "clean house in Tallahassee....

Some time you have to be willing to take the front of the line
and be pro-active concerning issues you believe in.

Our attorney, David Horan said to me, "Dominic, The, {DOS instructed DHR
to roll over back some 20 years ago because you became such a pain in the
asp to them!"

Get ready for a real case of hemorrhagic symptoms up in Tallahassee
as I am tired of them screwing with us - with unfair
unscrupulous, and underhanded tactics! While rolling
over for others - within 2 miles of us!

This is no idle threat.

It is a sincere and earnest statement that I only hope some of
you who really care about our passions and this
despicable "trend" in our government stamping
upon a primary building block of our system -"free enterprise"...

OP
OP
bikerlawyer

bikerlawyer

Jan 9, 2008
Melbourne Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did this last year by email on a different but similar matter. Their first response was there is a lot of stuff and it's gonna cost you several thousand $$$. Also some is microfiche and you gotta pay $$$ to have someone copy it, blah, blah. When I finally narrowed it down all I got was about 200 pages of mostly worthless crap that was already available elsewhere for free.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread