is this a real?

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Here is a side by side view with a little color enhancing to show the details. You can see one has some patina in the groves and the other looks to be polished, but all in all, the details are the same.

THESE COINS ARE EXACT!

I don't think there is any question this coin is a fake. As for the gold content, that may need to be tested. Who knows, they could have tried to produce a "real gold" fake.

Robert in SC

Attachments

• coin sidebyside.jpg
    coin sidebyside.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 311

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGecy said:
Here is a side by side view with a little color enhancing to show the details. You can see one has some patina in the groves and the other looks to be polished, but all in all, the details are the same.

THESE COINS ARE EXACT!

I don't think there is any question this coin is a fake. As for the gold content, that may need to be tested. Who knows, they could have tried to produce a "real gold" fake.

Robert in SC

something to remember it is............HAMMERED, those two are to close to be real........a real hammered coin is not ever going to have a clone......it just can't happen.....so they are fake......and my son has one just like it...he found it yesterday!!!! ZOOTMAN if you question this.......your avatar is proof!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread