Roatan...

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I am making a trip to Roatan this year and was interested in doing some th'ing while there... both land based and diving. I would love to converse with anyone that has any knowledge of Roatan and is willing to work out an arrangement with me with regards to any serious th'ing leads. PM me if interested in working together on this... thanks.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It was a pirate's paradise. Read The Treasure Hunter by Howard Jennings to see his experiences and recoveries there. Chagy might have a story or two as well.

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Darren... hey thanks alot for the book reference by Jennings... i'll have to see if I can get ahold of a copy. I am familiar with some of his th'ing adventures there. Hope all is good on your end... Mike

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Don... I will definately follow up on those contacts when I get down there. Is there a particular few months of the year when the seas are calmer and clearer than others or is it always good dive conditions down there? In your opinion, do you think its worth a trip down there to hunt still? I know quite a few people have worked the area and many treasures were recovered... still worth the effort?

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Unless I had a specific target in mind, I'd MD the shallow waters of the most expensive hotels along the beachfronts of the islands. I'd also transit to Port Royal and old Port Royal after you know its history. The area is a Mecca for divers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread