WHO WANTS TO DIVE FOR TREASURE

dustinjuhasz

Jun 7, 2010
Jupiter Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2
I took these pix with my iPhone so the quality isn't that good, I'll get some high res pix soon and photoshop them to a back ground like this! I'm very excited to have been on the boat today, having found another stellar coin within 3 days got me thinking! "I'm going to get a lottery ticket, so I ended up buy $10 worth!!! haha anyway scott think we could get a grill on the boat? I already know I want BBQ Ribs for lunch tomorrow, and if you cant make it happen then I guess i'll have some of those epic Ritz peanut butter crackers!!! I could live on those!

Attachments

• 1659_Lima_Star.png
    1659_Lima_Star.png
    185.4 KB · Views: 1,602

dustinjuhasz

Jun 7, 2010
Jupiter Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2
Hey Darren, If you got a grill on your vessel book me a ticket!!! Watch out scott!!! :wink:

By the way Pat I took your advise and showed them! haha :icon_thumleft:

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Nice going guys! I saw the Seahunter out early today. Very nice Dustin! That thing is real nice. Wish I was there.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are tearin' it up down there in Jupiter Inlet. To be able to dig 8 Reale Cobs every other day is Awesome and the Escudo.....just First Rate! Congrats guys!

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three empty holes this morning but three coins out of the fourth hole.

Attachments

• VID00027.jpg
    VID00027.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,501
  • VID00029.jpg
    VID00029.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,498

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW that's just so awesome for you all!!!

:icon_thumright:

:headbang:

For many others, and myself the Jupiter wreck holds a special place in our treasure hunting hearts.
It is a quintessential shipwreck discovery. Tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people have boated over, played near and swam over that treasure without knowing about it until one day when a lifeguard was at the right place at the right time.

An ordinary man finding a treasure by happenstance!
It gives one the feeling that if it can happen to him it can happen to me!

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Scott, Jason and crew,

Congratulations on your findings!!!! Scott, Jason and I have spend many nights talking about how close they were to finding these gold coins……I am so happy for you guys. Finally all the hard work and studying the field work, debris trail, scattered pattern, research, and theories of what happen the day of the wreck is starting to pay off. The “San Miguel Arcangel” is in deed an amazing wreck with a fascinating story of a booty that got lost at sea 3 times (that we know of)

I sincerely wish you guys all the best and I hope this year you find the mother load you have been looking for…..

All the best,

Chagy……

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Chagy
Here is a link to a short video to get you motivated to come dive with us again.
Seahunter

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bikerlawyer said:
You guys make it look easy!

I cut hours of film down to one minute forty eight seconds. And that took days of diving. But we thank you for the compliment. We will be posting a lot of film from now on. We should have the newest news channel 5 piece out in the next day or so.

Seahunter

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Very cool! I like that Scott!

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
I know that everybody wants to dive for treasure , but .....sionce the currents in the strait of Florida are flowing from South to North , can anybody explain to me why the coins show up on Jupiter beach while they are supposed to come from a wreck to the North East of this location . The only way for these coins to show uo on the beach of Jupiter is from a wreck to the South- East of Jupiter beach . Now I don't care about the name of the wreck , I just want to point you in the right direction . In short , there is a wreck located to the South East of Jupiter beach . Most likely in a little deeper water . Check the maritime maps of the area and think about what may have happened in a storm . Where would the wreck be ? How deep were the approaches , and how high were the waves at that time of wrecking ? Use your brains and common sence to find the right answers . This is all I want to say about this socalled Jupiter wreck . Cornelius

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Cornelius, the ship wrecked in December, so it was North winds pushing the ship towards shore. I am sure it hit bottom well before it hit shore. The current doesnt move the coins or really anything once it has hit bottom. A coin or bar will immediatly start sinking into the sand, and continue until it hit hard rock, or further if it hits a crack. A hurricane could move the ship before it was completly buried, 350 years ago, and that is what the exploratory diggings are trying to find out. A hurricane could have blown from any direction, depending on where the center was. A hurricane or hurricanes have obviously moved the coins and other heavy things around a lot. But the current and storms do move the sand, which has covered it all up.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Also the Gulf Stream is 5 to 10 miles offshore around Jupiter. It varies every day. There are currents called "eddies" that curl around and flow in the opposite direction near shore.

fladiverdown

Aug 23, 2010
Don't know much - certainly no expert, but I do know that this wreck has been worked and researched by several smart, shipwreck savvy people. Some could say that a few have made the "Jupiter Wreck" their lifes work. Cornelious is one the guys I love to read in this forum and I have much respect for his knowledge and willingness to share with us that knowledge. That being said I have to believe that Scott, Captain Dom and the others that have sweated blood and spent fortunes pursuing their passion for this wreck have a decent handle as to this particular site. The artifacts and spectacular coins found over the past two weeks shows us that although the main pile is still just out of reach, significant finds are still being made by those that know this piece of ocean well. The best is yet to come! :icon_thumright:

P.S. I can speak as a former commercial fisherman and diver that the Gulf Stream does in fact at times come very close to the shore from Northern Broward to Jupiter. I have seen it so close it seemed like it was on the beach. The axis of the gulf stream wobbles east and west and yes there are eddies created all the time ( great fishing in these eddies sometimes ) . One of the most amazing sites is to be in a jet at 25,000 feet and actually see both sides of the stream.

piratediver

Jun 29, 2006
newport, Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Gulf Stream comes close to shore here in Newport late in the summer, we even get tropical fish in waters that drop to 32 degrees in the winter, how's that for temperature swings?

Pirate Diver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread