Towfish

Macguyver1

Jun 24, 2011
Hi Gentlemen, M new to this forum, I need some help on my Towfish and its equipment. I have a broken 150kHz tow fish and it was made of PVC, I have manage to cut it up and recover the Transducers , the Wires and the Electronic board.
The main system is an old system , working on OS win95, the Casing is a Splash Proof type with a PC 486 system. I have written to the distributor located in Singapore, However I received very poor response. The unit is unable to start up even when it was loaded with win98 version. when I received the equipment is was not working. Its a 1999 system. I have two fishes, 150kHz and 600kHz. scanning software is Sea scan sonic.

Question , I want to up grade the system to the latest win xp or win7, I know the manufacture has the interface card SSCP-104,

Question where can i get this SSPC-104 interface card.

Question , what is the common Voltage power to the transducers for this model 150KHz working with SSPC-ISA card ( Currently the card has a problem , when we fixed the card to the PCB board the fuse will blow.

Question, Can some here please advise me how to go about it and resolve this problem. what other interface cards will work with this model

Thanks Macguyver 1

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have no idea. But you need the manufactures name, what brand it is. Model number, maybe even serial number, as they sometimes change things. Those would help a lot.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you only need 2 channels and a trigger you should get a National Instruments PCI-MIO-16E-4 PCI-6040E.
This is the card i use with my wesmar dual side scan sonar.You can find them on ebay.Dont pay more than $100 for them.New they are $800 plus.I got a brand new one on ebay for $80.

OP
OP
M

Macguyver1

Jun 24, 2011
stevemc said:
I have no idea. But you need the manufactures name, what brand it is. Model number, maybe even serial number, as they sometimes change things. Those would help a lot.

http://marinesonic.us/

it is a marine sonic side sonar scanner.. Which type is it im not very sure but it was around 1998 system i think..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread