New Atocha book...just published - "A Deadly Path to Treasure"

dcrooks

Nov 10, 2004
New Atocha book...just published - "A Deadly Path to Treasure"

"A Deadly Path to Treasure" by Robert C. Moran

This autobiography, which is a PDF file distributed on a DVD, describes the author's multitude of adventures, including his many years at Treasure Salvors, Inc. in Key West, Florida. As Executive Vice President of the company, he worked closely with Mel Fisher and was intimately involved in the salvage of the "Atocha" and "Santa Margarita". The book traces Mel Fisher's start in treasure hunting with Kip Wagner on the 1715 Fleet through to the culmination of Mel's career, the successful salvage of the "motherlode" on the "Atocha". The author provides an excellent first-person description of the challenges and successes of Treasure Salvors. Includes 164 color photos. $16.50 postpaid.

Available from the author at [email protected]

WKD@BYS86

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2010
Re: New Atocha book...just published - "A Deadly Path to Treasure"

I knew a Bob Moran for when I worked at TSI back in the early 80s.

The guy in the photo doesn't look like the wimpy little guy I remember.

I have not read the book, nor do I intend to. Back then when I heard these stories of ripping off drug dealers, acts of piracy, and flaunting a twin engine plane and boat, I had to wonder. Is it really a good idea to brag about this to a bunch of drunks and stoners in Key West, Florida during a time of such active drug smuggling with Key West crawling with law enforcement?

Probably the stuff about working at TS is true. As a friend here in town who was involved with treasure hunting in the Keys told me, "he was the biggest bullsh@tt@r I ever met."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread