Storms over Jupiter

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida
cornelis 816 said:
Scubatreasure . I think that if there is a storm forming over the TN , you may be the Rainmaker . Please don't start any arguments on this net . Just tell us something about whatever you have done in the field of salvage and diving on wrecks . That is a lot better than trying to start any arguments . Cornelius ( ps we are waiting for your stories )

Cornelis, I must be honest with myself and say that you are right...However, it is difficult at best to sit hear and read some guy's post talking bad about a guy who is one of the few who has been and still is in the business and is also inviting others to own a piece of history and even for them to come and join him at his place in Jupiter, sure it's not free and maybe it is self promoting but it's a dream come true to many who cannot change their life and follow their dreams. They live vicariously through people like Captain Dom, and enjoy his good cheer and even his underware... ;D...at least that's what I hear from the dozen or so friends that I turned on to this site, and are now avid followers who sit quietly in the background reading these posts... :-X...So for the sake of not becoming one of those naysayers who blow smoke in the face of others I will remove my previous comment... :thumbsup:...Thank you Cornelis for reminding me that I should not throw gas on a fire...unless I want to get burnt... :icon_pirat: Limo Bob

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
At least you showed your good character to all of us , which is more than can be said of some of us . You changed my mind about you in your favor . Keep up the good works . Cornelius

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Cornelius I know Scubatreasure. He is a great guy. I met him at Aquanut's first cookout. I also took Scubatreasure with me to Peg Leg's ghost wreck to make a search. He got right in that nasty black water and did a search pattern. Dom, I am a former Atocha diver and 1715 lease holder. I also worked in Trinidad, Mozambique and Honduras. I was one of "Mad For Wrecks" partners in the ARRG Group. Whom are you? What else have you salvaged other than the Jupiter Wreck?

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
Just a pilgrim passing through.....

Before the Jupiter shipwreck experience the concept
of a shipwreck was an issue to be avoided at all costs
to this simple humbled licensed sea captain....
And, going into the water meant something
fell off the boat!

If you really want to know more about me go to
our self promoting web site: www.jupitercoins.com
I make no apologies to you or anyone else for
believing in free enterprise and the very concepts
that use to make our country great...

The one thing I continue to make sure of....
I am going to continue to do my best to see that
none of my people or myself are going to become
one of the Jupiter Shipwreck's victims.

My version of our continuing story is accurate
and will stand the test of time.
Take a look.... {no smiley faces}

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
>:( :o :-[wow what the heck has this got to do with Tom's pictures? :dontknow:
Do you all really want to unzip and have a manhood contest?

I thought this forum was for sharing our passion of shipwrecks.

I didn't realize it was to compare where we’ve dove, who we’ve dove with, how many years we’ve dove. Are we next going to compare how many artifacts, coins, bars or pieces of jewelry?
Then what? Numismatic value? Total Silver weight? Total gold weight?

You know for me I enjoy the posts of alleged treasure hunts, busted treasure hunts and successful treasure hunts all the same. I enjoy the posts of people wanting to learn and get in on the adventure. What’s next call them names because they don’t measure up? Completely dishearten their passions?

I don’t know what personal things might be going on behind the scenes or if some people are jealous of what others are actually doing or have done but this isn’t the place for it.

:sign13: If you don’t have anything nice to add and within the context of the original poster then

<-------------------------- there’s the shore, get off the boat and swim for it and be with the rest of the miserable land dwellers. :thumbsup:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Capt Dom I have been to your web site. Many times. Nice coins for sale. As a good friend of Tom, I promote "safety first" during a storm. Good thing you are close to a safe inlet for refuge. I would like to come down and dive with you and Tom sometime this summer.

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
Any friend of Tom's is welcome on our vessels.

Au Dreamer.... Some of us who have risked it all
have earned the right to have those who share in the excitement
of what makes this project still have the life and adventure in
it today deserve the right to have the facts be straight
and not re-written.

I think Tom who started this post will agree
and fully understands.

It may be quite difficult for others who are vicariously
sit by the way side and are entertained our stories to
understand why some of us original participants want
the record set straight. It is because we have earned
this right - not to have our original story retold with facts
changed or altered.
But history is often re-fashioned by individuals
to suit their own ends....

That is the lesson here.... "grasshopper"

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Capt Dom,
Sorry if you thought I was referencing your posts, it really wasn't about you...
You have a right to defend yourself and to keep the truth out there. :headbang:

You and your story is legend and PROVEN... :icon_thumright:

I dunno I guess some others woke up grumpy and/or are jealous.

I like many others love seeing real posts of treasure recoveries.

I don't get jealous of Scott posting coin pics practically every day, I get inspired and it sure beats the heck out of the old days waiting a year or two + for another good treasure book to get published!!

To take a line from the kids these days...
When you're at the top there's always going to be someone hating on you,
haters gonna hate!

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
I am not jealous either!

Sure I would like to be out there now....
But it is Scot who is now paying his dues.
It is he who is out there burning the diesel and keeping his
equipment and crew together - at his expense - not anyone else's
and I commend him for that.

He and I "don't "break bread anymore" and this should be our personal business
and has become so. {I think...} He is and has been
earning his place in the sun by diligently working
and sharing the opportunity with others....
and deserves the credit for such.....
I know this better than most.....

All this is good stuff.
But, when one takes the front of the line....
one better expect to get some eggs thrown at them....
For more than one reason - more than one individual or group
has done their best in an attempt to write me out of this story!
Good luck to them and their cronies!

I have a plan. This is no great secret.
And, when I implement the plan - everyone
will win! Including those who are not driven by the
"lust for gold" arhg.... {no underwear photos or smiley faces}

scubaozzy

Aug 20, 2007
Tavares,FL.
Detector(s) used
minelab excal.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
every thread on this forum ends this way....call or meet each other..hash it out and be done! its no wonder i visit this forum and then leave it for a few months. to bad because every once in a while there is some good info. as long as you skip over the drama. good luck everyone.

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Tom (thanks Dom for clearing up who this "Tom" was, gets difficult for a non-local when people have screen names but others use their given names) those pics are very sharp and powerful looking. I like them, almost makes the water look scary to get in lol

As far as the other silliness that took over this thread (again from a non-local outsider) the posts that make the most sense and probably win the most people over are the humble guys. Quiet, confident and assured. That's what you want in a Capt, boss, leader, etc etc.

The others that need to bolster their ego for some reason appear childish and in need to use that as compensation for... whatever.

Again as an outsider, having no right to an ego... I still plan to ask both Seahunter and Capt Dom if they'd entertain a noninvasive rookie on their boat next summer. The reason is exactly as has been posted above. No matter what you think of either of these guys they are living their dream and are willing to let others join them temporarily that wouldn't normally be afforded this opportunity.

I hope one of them says yes.....

OP
OP
M

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I am glad so many of you enjoyed the pictures. They reflect the conditions we sometimes experience along the Treasure Coast.

In this instance, I was so involved in my "reef clean-up" that I hadn't noticed the storms rolling in. By the time I did finally realize, I was the only person out on the water!

As for the unexpected turn this thread took, well, just like the shipwreck salvage business, you learn to expect the unexpected!

Tom

Trembull

Jul 24, 2010
Oklahoma __ Y'All
Primary Interest:
Other
mad4wrecks said:
I am glad so many of you enjoyed the pictures. They reflect the conditions we sometimes experience along the Treasure Coast.
Tom

If I may add a Todays cam to your thread, Mr Tom.. Not to many of these Types of Days here in South Florida.. Thanks Emily For the well needed rain

Attachments

• 8.7.11.jpg
    8.7.11.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 290

inletsurf

Oct 1, 2006
Sebastian Inlet, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scubatreasure said:
inletsurf said:
cornelis 816 said:
Capt , Who is this guy Scott? Who is the lease holder in the specific area of ther Jupiter wreck . I am getting kind of fed-up with all the attention Scott os creating for himself . How many coins do you have to see in order to know that they are on pay dirt . This mans ego is bigger than life if you ask me .

I am under a different opinion.
(PREVIOUS DEROGATORY RESPONCE TWARDS INLETSURFER DELETED) .

Thank you, I think a tirade or long rant with that usage of grammar would have caused me a stroke. :) (intentional smiley)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread