Sunken treasure sparks complicated legal tussle...

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For 500k cash ill tell you what beach i found them on.Im sure theres more! :icon_pirat:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At 500k its a bargain and i barter too for large boats and equipment,and houses on the intercoastal,etc

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I worked on the Atocha back in 1992. We were working "Emerald City." There are two kinds of emeralds. The clear green ones are very valuable. Mel Fisher was selling them for $3,500 per carat. We also found what they called "milky white" emeralds. They sold for $500 per pound! I found emeralds in N. Carolina and Tennessee. These are foggy and not worth much.

humble

May 26, 2011
Salvor 6, is there any value to these little coral encrusted emeralds? humble

Attachments

• EMERALD 2.jpg
    EMERALD 2.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 560

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
FISHEYE said:
For 500k cash ill tell you what beach i found them on.Im sure theres more! :icon_pirat:

Fisheye my friend. At least if I gave you the money I wouldn't end up with stolen electronics, life rafts etc... I hear that ole grubstake dove on the emerald site a few days ago. He might be willing to sell the GPS numbers or I hear he is thinking of Filing an Admiralty Claim in a few days. :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :headbang:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Humble yes, they are valuable. You need to take it to a jeweler to get a price.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Salvor6 said:
Humble yes, they are valuable. You need to take it to a jeweler to get a price.

Pete a friend of mine just found some old timbers, iron spikes and one or two green stones in shallow water that isn't permitted. I think it might be in the Marine Sanctuary. Want to dive it.

I also thought some of you VET's might be as appalled as I am and will want to write your Congressmen. If the below bill passes and Military Men and Women can only retire with 401K's. I think all Congressmen should get the same retirement plan with No Medical Benefits.

http://www.iberianet.com/forum/poli...cle_135d4c44-c7ff-11e0-aa1d-001cc4c03286.html

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
20 years served and only 50% pay? for vets (and now they want to screw em out of that?)-- congessmen serve just 2 years at a time and senators serve just six years -- yet they get the full retirement "package " once they are out of "office"- for about 1 /10th to 1/4 th of the time "served" and without risking their lives and being deployed overseas far from home where they can not see their loved ones.

no wonder everyone wants to be a "politican". --name any other job where after 2 to 6 years you can "retire" for life -with a medical plan and get paid a nice retirement amount..

do not forget they got a "private "congress" bank" that they can write "worthless" checks to that will not arrest them to have them "repaid" * --unlike normal folks --they can write lots of "worthless" checks that will be covered by the "bank"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread