Class 4 Hurricane Irene coming to Florida shipwreck coast?

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Well... I checked out every beach from Turtle to Tiger shores and myself included, everyone I talked to had absolutely no hits , not even bottle caps. One exception was Vaclava. He said he had something but wasn't sure what it was... This storm either needed to stall for a week or be about 150 miles closer. Save this lesson my friends, for it cost me a few bucks that I should have saved had I paid attention to history! The sand is still at the very least 10 feet deep and in some places deeper. Don't waste your time or money until a Major hit with NE winds comes about.
Aquanut

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
We probably passed each other John!

The upside to this is that the storm got the erosion process started. A few nor'easters in October and November may bring promising conditions.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man made dunes? Gets tougher all the time to treasure hunt on Florida beaches. ???

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Without a doubt Tom! Too bad... I would have bought you two a drink at Capt'n Hiram's!
Aquanut

bikerlawyer

Jan 9, 2008
Melbourne Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a fishing lure, fishhook, chewing tobacco tin,five beer cans, two bottle tops, a zipper and a penny!

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wanted to thank everyone that went to the beach with their md's after the hurricane for cleaning up the metal trash in the sand.

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
Just got home from Daytona.
111 degree heat index... AT THE BEACH! Unbelievable. Hunted with a buddy and she and I brought home about 3 bucks in change and some very red skin.
Always a good time hunting - but man, the heat really took the stuffins out of us.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SaintSea said:
Just got home from Daytona.
111 degree heat index... AT THE BEACH! Unbelievable. Hunted with a buddy and she and I brought home about 3 bucks in change and some very red skin.
Always a good time hunting - but man, the heat really took the stuffins out of us.
Any erosion at Daytona....how many pirates did you see?

Reefdrifter

Jan 4, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
We went over to Jupiter from Port Charlotte yesterday to MD the beach. We went south of the inlet a little ways and didn't get started until about 2:30PM. The heat was way high and the wind started to whip up from the South. Between the heat, the sweat and the blowing sand, it didn't take long to make us want to pack up and leave. The only things we found was a few bottle caps, some pop-tops and one penny. The beach sand looked like it didn't get moved much by the storm...Boo-Hoo!!! Maybe next time.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres a link to all the NOAA imagery that was just done,nice high res images so you can see the damage that irene has done PLUS you can look for exposed shipwreck bones and etc.

You can view the images on this site or click to download the zip of all the files which is 792 megs.

The image files are huge so you need a fast machine to see them.

http://ngs.woc.noaa.gov/storms/irene/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread