Class 4 Hurricane Irene coming to Florida shipwreck coast?

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Aye ! We hope so. The sand has been building for the last couple of years between mother nature's natural processes and the "Beach Renourishment" programs which is such an expensive joke, we need some massive cutting of the beach. Hope Irene does that for us!!!

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thursday
Tropical storm conditions possible. Northeast winds 20 to 25 knots increasing to 25 to 30 knots with gusts to around 45 knots in the afternoon. Seas 10 to 14 feet. Very rough on the intracoastal waters. Numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms.

yep.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here on Long Island east end might get slammed by Monday by Irene there is nothing but dozens of tourist beaches out here and a big need for 4 feet of sand to be ripped off the beaches ill be at the shore next day Sov GT in hand :hello2:

C

Cappy Z.

I'd love to see before and after photos of the millions of $$$ wasted on those 'Beach Nourishment' programs.

I'd like to see names posted of those responsible for the waste.

Anyway..Irene just might house clean the sand off the beaches.... :icon_thumleft:

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's lookin that way... and yes the should have there heads on a pole. I bet ya'll they'll be cryin for more money to try and help the landowners... :help:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
15 to 20 feet of sand will have to be washed off the beach for anyone to find any 1715 goodies.From the looks of the track of irene,its not gonna happen.I will be down on my boat and will bring a MD.Ive been on my boat thru every hurricane since after wilma.Its fun:)An my boat has survived every hurricane since 1969 in florida in the water before i accuired it.Out of 60 strikers of my model,all 60 are st ill floating to this day.

sailboatlarry

Aug 12, 2011
Good luck to all my East Coast brothers and sisters. Both before and after the storm. Honestly I am glad to not be sitting here at ground zero on another big storm Wilma kicked my butt. Moved the sportfish boat up to behind the Franklin lochs. I think it will stay there until November. So I am skiff diving unless any of you want a crew member. :icon_pirat:

sbl

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Irene is not a cat 4,it has been downgraded.Cat 1 at the moment,might be cat 2 by the time it goes by florida 200 miles off shore.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Hey Fisheye,
I'll be there Thursday evening until Friday sometime. You know my number.
Aquanut

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im on my Striker here in sebastian on the east side of the st sebastian river and the wind barely hits me,no rain yet.The wind was honking up in titusville earlier comming out of the NW.Small white caps on the icw all the way down.Great kitesurfing weather if you got one.If i didnt have a boat to take care of i would be out windsurfing with a storm sail on it.Whos got the rum?

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Aquanut and Fisheye, I wish you and every else luck on the beach. I hope you guys load up. If you find anything post some pictures. I'm headed home in the morning. I'll be back the middle of next week. :icon_pirat:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aquanut stopped by my boat and offered me dinner at capt hirams,so we went.I just got off the phone with troy,he says theres no beach,the water is up to the man made dunes so i think that will all be gone by the morning.The weather here is about the same as it was earlier.Im charging batteries since there wasnt much sun for my solar panels.I think im gonna get a fishin pole an see if i can catch a snook for breakfast.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It should be in best position to churn things up right now...

National news reports 8 people injured in FL too dumb to stay away...

"In South Florida, eight people were out on a jetty off Boynton Beach Inlet when a wave churned up by the outer bands of Irene knocked them over, Palm Beach County officials said. One person was taken to a hospital; seven others were treated at the scene.

Up the coast in Jupiter, a man swimming in the ocean and couldn't be found right away. However, officials say he later was able to get ashore."

- hope anyone hitting the beach does it safely and yall better post some pics!! ;D

sailboatlarry

Aug 12, 2011
I am stuck in Fort Myers for another night. Sailing the Cessna to marathon airport in the AM.
Guess they were clocking 25-30 mph sustained winds near Grassy key with some big gusts in the upper middle keys. I am sure it didn't stir up much. But I cant wait to get back out diving.

Those images of the storm from space looked crazy. She is one big girl.

sailboatlarry

Aug 12, 2011
Yeah I got married and had to sell the J3 Cub during the divorce :'( . Boy I miss my Piper. But I have a buddy with a 172rg so it works out. Let me know if you come down here to the keys Au. we can go up.

sbl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread