• nomenclature 18.jpg
    nomenclature 18.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 217
OP
OP
cornelis 816

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Wow Pcolaboy . What is your Dutch ( Holland ) connection ? However ,, Ik hou van jou ,, is more used between a man and a woman . Between men you should use ,, ik vind je een toffe jongen ,, . But thanks anyhow for the complement . Cornelius

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good afternoon Cornelus, some day you are going to have to investigate the connection, or relationship that the Dutch had with the Jesuits in the 1700's. As far as I have found out, Holland would today be holders of a large part of North America if things had gone right.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cornelus, I am curious, but how close does that phonetically come to basic German?

ik vind je een toffe jongen

Ich fund sie ein Grobartig junger ????

sigh, well I have to learn somewhere, so why not from my friend Cornelus & Pcolaboy as we go along?

OP
OP
cornelis 816

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Tropical Tramp . Let me first state that the Netherlans were a world power in the 16 th and 17th centurues . After the Dutch came the Anglo American power . The reason for the decline of the Dutch power was because of man-power . We had far less inhabitants than Brittany . And at that time man-power was more important than any thing else . We in Holland ( I should have said The Netherlands ) had to look for participants to man our fleets in Germany and France . It is proven that in the Dutch colonies there are quite a few foreighn names . The Dutch were masters in West India , Ceylon , Malacca , Decima in Japan where they were the only foreighners to do business . And ofcourse The Dutch East Indies . Not to mention the Dutch West Indies . And the settlement of Reciffe in South America . A lot of Jewish business men setteled there to make some nice profits . As far as the Jesuits goes I do not like to go into this business . Sorry but this is too touchy a subject . Cornelius

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
cornelis 816 said:
Wow Pcolaboy . What is your Dutch ( Holland ) connection ? However ,, Ik hou van jou ,, is more used between a man and a woman . Between men you should use ,, ik vind je een toffe jongen ,, . But thanks anyhow for the complement . Cornelius

Thank you for the clarification Cornelius. ;D My Dutch connection was way back in high school taking the form of a lovely brown-haired female exchange student from Rotterdam. She certainly educated me in a great amount of Dutch "culture" :wink:

All kidding aside, this information is extremely appreciated!

OP
OP
cornelis 816

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Aquanut , John , I will never forget you and Debby . When I think about Florida I think of the two of you . We may still do a bit of treasure diving on the West coast . You know the position I am in now . If I make it I will show up on your doorstep . Your friend Cornelius

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread