Questions for Sub Contractors on Treasure Coast.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Next question - whom do you sell it to? I'm told the value placed on your share is inflated. So how do you determine the actual value to sell it for and to whom?

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Darren:
I'd start with the outfit that gave you the division. If they wont buy back your share for what they think it's worth, then it probably isn't worth what they say it is. Good business people will give you a money back guarantee if you're not pleased with the product. The same should apply in the Treasure-hunting 'business'. Ask to see their computations. Ask them for the names of who is buying this material at the prices they are telling you it's worth.
You might try Ebay, and place a 'reserve' figure on the items--Does Ebay allow such a practice?
Don....

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ericwt...

I wouldn't waste your time or money trying to sell shipwreck items on ebay unless you have something of a rare nature that buyers would really "battle" over. It has been my experience that people will not pay what the "goodies" are worth on ebay... private sales are best.

If you need help figuring out values of shipwreck artifacts or coins, let me know. I have been a diver/TH'er for many years and if I can't tell you what something is worth, chances are I know other professionals who can give you an honest assessment of whatever you have.

If you have items with provenance I may even be able to hook you up with some of my private buyers depending on what you have for sale and what your decisions may be as far as prices are concerned. Let me know if you would like help. You can email me at [email protected]

All the best... Phips Folly

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread