WHERE ARE ALL THE TREASURE COAST FINDS?

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the villainous three "M's" won the season this year, Mother Nature!

From what I've heard I don't think there was more than 20-30 something days worked by an individual boat. The season was late starting and Irene basically ended it for most. The shore water clarity has been restrictive.

OP
OP
tarpon192

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Au_Dreamers said:
One of the villainous three "M's" won the season this year, Mother Nature!

From what I've heard I don't think there was more than 20-30 something days worked by an individual boat. The season was late starting and Irene basically ended it for most. The shore water clarity has been restrictive.
Spent the summer with my son, and we went out of sebastian alomost everyday well before Irene. We did see quite a few salvors working. The water was clear before Irene. We did see one boat towing a mag right on the beach just south disney vero - watched the boat go north, and south very, very close to the beach - I mean very close. Had a west wind with calm seas, and good viz before the swells came.
We got some good size bugs 15 to 30 feet off the beach - 5 to 7 feet deep.
Pictures have been posted from the jupiter site that were found this year.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah Jupiter gets the better water and they were hot this year with treasure! :notworthy:

It was mid-June before most anyone had more than ten days in with the exception of a couple of boats. Prop wash blowing days... I was going to get down there and work with my old partner for a couple weeks but Irene twisted up and killed that plan.

It seems as if every time I talked with someone they were waiting for clear water.

I wonder if that was Goldhound maggin? It's always a tough call you wait for those perfect days to get in that close to blow some holes but maggin is part of the smart man's (and $$) arsenal.

Ahhh nice going on the bugs! Sure can't wait till I get moved back down there...

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weather was good for a while, but, not so much in the last 30 days. Season is not over yet.

On the C-77 boat we found EO's, chest liner, pottery, some sort of small bronze and iron doodad, ect. so far, but have spent quite a bit of time magging. We were dragging mag in about 3 feet of water, but not around Disney... that was probably Greg Bounds you saw with his Parker boat.

All the EO's went to the lab. Have to wait and see what they are, but most certainly are iron pins or rigging plus who-knows-what.

Attachments

• one.gif
    one.gif
    156.6 KB · Views: 558
  • two.gif
    two.gif
    186 KB · Views: 550
  • three.gif
    three.gif
    201.1 KB · Views: 568
  • four.gif
    four.gif
    139.3 KB · Views: 563

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, the sand trucked in for renourishment along Corrigan's was mined inland and contained a lot of unleached powder which has stayed near shore suspended in the surf zone. One picture here is Joel Ruth just behind the boat after a dig. That milky suspension stayed with us all day. On the north side of Sebastian inlet, the water was cleaner near shore as there was no similar material suspended in the water (but, as usual, the sand is much deeper).

A pic of John Prunal on lunch break during magging operation with the SeaSpy. Magging can be very boring, unless you are really near the beach, in which case it can get pretty intense.

Some days it was glassy and we could get in close enough to ID the folks on the beach. Other days we were lucky to get our tackle up without sinking the boat. All in a day's work.

Attachments

• eight.gif
    eight.gif
    159.2 KB · Views: 583
  • nine.gif
    nine.gif
    140.1 KB · Views: 577
  • six.gif
    six.gif
    155.3 KB · Views: 575
  • seven.gif
    seven.gif
    139.7 KB · Views: 558

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes thanks for the pictures and info!

I remember in the late 90's Brandon brought up gold in December so it's never over till you sign that log sheet "end of season"!

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
weather wasn't the best but some great vis some days.. "Gold Hawg" is out of the water and our season closed for now - who knows could launch in Dec.

we found a couple of small silver coins, a nice piece of K'ang Hsi ....
plenty of other neat stuff from the other boats - Brandon's friendship ring, Greg's silver sword handle (wow!) & two escudo
not sure of the boat but a fantastic deadeye and block was up at the lab ...silver jewelry..

silver coins - a pair of dividers from Green Cabin - too much to list but think a good season considering the constant E. wind
April and May and nothing real good since around mid August - a few have hung it up but C-26 is going out tomorrow and I will be out also on another boat - don't close this year down too soon! this past Sat and Sun decent vis at Douglas in spite of the swell -
lots of the E/Os not cleaned yet -- Tnet is great for news but a lot of us get busy and don't post and some don't seem to post at all! Hard to resize those photos (if you had time to take them) after a day of diving :tongue3:
anyway lots of good work done (20 - 30 days this year was a pretty serious working boat! especially with diesel at $4) :thumbsup: and as long as the search continues the finds will come -

...and I still believe in MORE TO COME ASHORE from the 1715

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"and as long as the search continues the finds will come "

Exactly Capt Hawk!! Some years it's pure determination to get the days in!

Those of us stuck arm chairing it just can't get enough updates but we can't expect you all to post here every day. Even when not out on the water there's plenty of work to do.

Heck some busy diggin years you actually need the weather to give you some time at the docks or yard to get repairs/upgrades done! It kills you having to burn a good day getting that type of stuff done!

Hats off to all the crews and hope you all bring in some good stuff for those still getting out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread