200 "Tonnes" of Silver Found off Ireland; Odyssey Marine Strikes It Rich (Again)

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Re: 200 "Tonnes" of Silver Found off Ireland; Odyssey Marine Strikes It Rich (Again)

This time the story seems fairly straightforward: the ship was carrying goods, was sunk during war, and the salvage contract awarded after competitive bidding.

Of course, not too many companies can work at that depth...

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 200 "Tonnes" of Silver Found off Ireland; Odyssey Marine Strikes It Rich (Again)

Tuberale said:
This time the story seems fairly straightforward: the ship was carrying goods, was sunk during war, and the salvage contract awarded after competitive bidding.

It makes a difference when you do through the right channels and then get permission.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY said:
Tuberale said:

It makes a difference when you do through the right channels and then get permission.

Just like with the "black swan"...

Dang I missed buying some stcok last week when it dropped below $2

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast

Jeff and Odyssey, Congratulations. At least you won't have to deal with a greedy Country on this one.

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

old man said:
Jeff and Odyssey, Congratulations. At least you won't have to deal with a greedy Country on this one.
It makes a difference when you have permission :o
Odyssey should stick to WWII shipwrecks .

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They had permission.

IMHO The only thing Stremm did wrong was not keep Spain from boarding. I highly doubt Spain would have had the balls to fire upon them. If they did it would have been an act of piracy at peace time on a commercial American vessel.

I would have let Spain fire upon my ship and then I'd have all the coins and some serious money from the lawsuit and revel in the international incedent of Spain firing upon an American vessel.

I'm sure an international court would find it hard to over look all the documented abuse of Spain in those waters on non-spanish vessels. But then again .....

cladHatter

Oct 20, 2011
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Unreal. That is alot of metal!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Wow--great thread--great viewing--unbelievable!!

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread