Case Odyssey: the theft of a treasure

Digger54

Dec 6, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, Minelab Sovereign GT, Fisher1280X, Nautilus DMCIIB
I got a headache trying to read Google's clockwork orange translation. Moot point as the source was obviously from Spain.

Too bad we can't get an impartial reporting of it from say... someone like Al Jazeera.... wait, no, that won't work, Rumsfield just got done chewing them out. ;D

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a matter of time. Odyssey only needs to get the case pushed back on the docket for one more judicial season and then, the complexion of the government will have changed considerably and the head-banger's ball going on in the Big Court will have subsided.

What then: The Hague?

"You can take my pillar dollars when you pry them from my cold, dead fingers!"

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
I just can't seen any justification in Spain claiming treasure that has been on the sea floor for over 200 years. Treasure that would have remained there for another few hundred years if Odyssey Marine or some other company didn't come along and recover it.

Nor can I see the justification when the treasure in question was stolen from Central and South America in the first place.

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
signumops said:
Just a matter of time. Odyssey only needs to get the case pushed back on the docket for one more judicial season and then, the complexion of the government will have changed considerably and the head-banger's ball going on in the Big Court will have subsided.

Good thing there not pillar dollars, or we have use bolt cutters...

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
MORE AND BEYOND OSSY said:
signumops said:

Good thing there not pillar dollars, or we have use bolt cutters...

Sounds like the techniques of the Spanish haven't changed all that much, eh?

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
I get a kick out of Spain calling the kettle black. I understand that David Horan is suing Spain on behalf of the families from South America. :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions