Treasure news

OP
OP
Escudoman

Escudoman

Jul 16, 2011
California
Filing was in Southern Florida court by a Delaware company. Hmmmm! I see that Horan filed trying to stop other claims. Do not know how that will fly as in the first filing there was 30 days for others to file claims. This will turn into another mess. Oh! Well Africa here I go with my dad. Diamonds and gold in Sierra Leone seem more attractive to me than this mess.

keywesttdiver

Greenie
Jun 4, 2011
Dont know if the Fishers filed in court against the emeralds....but if they did this is Federal court with huge penalties for filing a false claim. they have a failing company ,bringing up little treasure with a very very old and tired 26 yr old story. they cant sell their stock. every year more and more shares go unsold .the emerald claim is over 40 miles,AGAINST the gulfstream and in the oposite DIRECTION of the 1622 storm and atocha scatter trail. and today scientific labs can identify the exact mines and time periods emeralds came from. they are looking for cheap PR and i believe will get countersued for millions and spanked with big court penalties. MEL is turning in his grave right now. he would have never want his kids to try to do what so many others tried to do and take his hard-earned treasure ! cannonballs just dont float 40 miles ! :icon_scratch: :sign13:

saltydog1733

Feb 11, 2009
keywestdiver on: Jun 04, 2011, 12:51:31 PM

Hello all! I am a new member here. Have been a diver over 30 years. I have located a very old wreck in the gulf. Wooden timbers and alot of very old looking artifacts! It is about 20 miles off shore. Is this international waters? Can i bring-up any artifacts ? Any help/answers are appreciated !!!

:laughing9: :tongue3: ::)

OP
OP
Escudoman

Escudoman

Jul 16, 2011
California
Key west is perfectly correct about identifying the exact mines the stones came from. But an idiot if he thinks they can place a time period on a stone that is millions of years old. Better study geology. To slander the Fishers on this forum is really stupid, especially when cannon balls can be bought so cheaply or found at Womans Key. Kind of a weird post from Jay Junior, when his boss was in the Fishers office not to many months ago begging and groveling for help. Why didn't you guys bring in something more substancial like all the timbers you found and the spikes you pictured? I would also like to know how this was done with out a hydralic lift for you or your over weight boss. Would your boss be interested buying some gold or rough cut diamonds from my dad to throw in with the emeralds so you guys can really brag? He has a supply of those now and would be willing to help you out.
JMO

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Escudoman,
Sierra Leone is not a cakewalk!
My old partner Pegleg had to shoot his way out of there, minus his eleven million in diamonds!
Aquanut

OP
OP
Escudoman

Escudoman

Jul 16, 2011
California
Thank you Aquanut for the concern, but the De Beers are tied into this operation and security is not a problem. My dad will set up the dredges and run one of the two eight inchers they just shipped over. I am sure I will post pics with him over there, he is leaving Key West after spending 3 months here repairing the damage done to a beautiful ship by people who didn't even have the right zincs on her. Key West needs to learn that Magnesium plates do not work on Aluminum ships in Salt water. Worst thing that could have been on the ship. Plus all the damage done by the person who rammed the Spree ship without having a Capt liscense. But the coast guard is looking into that. We will leave here with very fond memories of the great people we met, and be laughing all the way to the bank. It's good to be employed now days, when so many are suffering with no jobs and can't even sell emeralds to pay the rent. But I do not expect Key West would reply with anything that might get him banned as slander is not tolerated here after you have been warned not to kick sand in the sand box.

OP
OP
Escudoman

Escudoman

Jul 16, 2011
California
We are also confused about something else. KW diver claims to have found spikes and timbers in mud deep down and, the deposition in Delaware claims the emeralds on the emerald site were laying around on top of the sand in 7 to 11 ft of water. Are there two wrecks? Or is one of them a lie? Then my dad was told that a diver who worked for the Fishers found all the stones and took Jay in as a partner by KW diver. now Jay claims he found them all himself. Ah! The mystery deepens. Personally the fisher diver story makes more sense, as Mr. Miskovic can't walk 5 steps without wheezing.
JMO

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
saltydog1733 said:

Hello all! I am a new member here. Have been a diver over 30 years. I have located a very old wreck in the gulf. Wooden timbers and alot of very old looking artifacts! It is about 20 miles off shore. Is this international waters? Can i bring-up any artifacts ? Any help/answers are appreciated !!!

Saltydog1733. Nice research. keywestdiver asks a question about a wreck with wooden timbers that he says he found out in the gulf and also posts pictures of spikes that he dug up in another post. Then they file an Admiralty Claim and say they only found emeralds lying on top of the sand and 1 cannonball. ( I also find it funny that they don't have a mag and just happened to find a wreck and a cannon ball over 10 miles from land, out in the gulf.

Keywestdiver or should I say Jay Jr. ( not your real name ). Tell us how you and Jay found the wreck. I am sure that everyone would be interested in hearing the story. Was Faith ( Not his real name, from Aqua ) diving with you when you found the wreck?? I heard you were Real Good Friends ?? Just Curious and my opinion :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
Escudoman

Escudoman

Jul 16, 2011
California
Could this also be the same deep wreck that KW Diver told my dad the Scott Heimdal of ORRV wanted him work with and to pillage and sell the stuff from. Old Man I know they had a mag at one time and were running it without survey permits. Are you allowed to run a mag survey off the coast of Florida with out a survey permit? This is the same mag that had the brain stolen out of Jay Juniors garage so all they had left was the tow fish. Was about the same time Jay Junior's Laptop was flooded on the Grady White while magging and ORRV bought him another one. You know he was a supposed operations manager for them at that time. He never got paid by them so he stole all the dive tanks to reinbusrse himself. Kind of how he kept all the Dive Gear, Dean Barr bought for the last company and he kept. Dive computers, BC's, scooters aga masks, you know equipment he never paid for. I believe this is how he gets all his dive equipment. JMO

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Also KW story of its 40 miles against the gulfstream, in the other direction, I thought they were found near Boca Grande or Man Key, that is right in the flow of both the gulfstream and the scatter pattern trail, at least what they were following for a while. And its only 15 miles at most from the site of the Atocha motherload. Or is the wreck somewhere else? Is KW not telling us the whole story? I think so.

OP
OP
Escudoman

Escudoman

Jul 16, 2011
California
Stevemc--------You are a wise man. There never has been a complete truth told with any of this story. Your choice of words "STORY" says it all. My dad worked for these bozo's and it only took 3 months for him to see that something was rotten in Denmark. He has told me so many FACTS about this gambit that if all the truth was out, these guys would be tarred and feathered and run out on a gang plank in the truest of the Pirates of the Caribbean tradition. This whole thing is a black spot on the industry and makes it hard for real treasure seekers to operate under the stigma of these STORIES.
JMO

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I didnt know if KWD was just making something up, or really stating facts. 40 miles the opposite direction would put it right in Dry Tortugas National Park-if that was a fact. That should make for an interesting STORY! I have been all over the Marquesas and in and out of Key West and the Tortugas, and the whole Keys chain, well before Mel Fisher began looking for the Atocha after leaving Real 8 Co., and know very well where the digging has been going on since the beginning. This whole emerald story felt like some kind of a scam or complete made up tale. Not that another wreck couldnt be out there, I am sure there are still plenty not found, just the feeling of shadyness that went along with the whole story.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Would it not be unfair to the Fisher family's investors for the Fishers to not investigate and subsequently file a claim to any such large find that closely resembled the very cargo that the Fishers have been searching for?
Just seems like due diligence to me, especially when you couple the proximity of the find and the rather jumbled story of the alleged recovery of said cargo.
I just have to think the story of finding precious stones scattered on top of sand sounds rather bizarre. As much fishing/diving traffic as there is in Florida, hard to imagine no one has looked at that patch of sand for 250-300 years.
Just my opinion.

OP
OP
Escudoman

Escudoman

Jul 16, 2011
California
Yes he was. Rumor mill has it when this all started he also tried to bribe and pay a Fisher employee to for the list of investors. Would the courts now have the emeralds in possession? My father was curious about the 4 boxes or moere he saw in Key West in the closet, and the ones hidden up at Miskovics home. When they filed the claim with Horan would they would have finally put all the emeralds in one spot for the courts? Now that it is in federal court do the stones have all be put in one spot for an accounting? I would not think that it would be wise for them to be scattered every where. Especially with the allegations of fraud and theft in the original lawsuit. Would Mr. Horan be responsible to gather this all up for the courts? Would he take possession? Just curious if anyone knows the law in this matter? Then there is the track record of the ex operations manager of ORRV and Dean Barrs stealing dive equipment and ships equipment as retaliation.
JMO

OP
OP
Escudoman

Escudoman

Jul 16, 2011
California
Hmmmm! Something still stinks here. KW talks about mud and yet they claim emeralds are found in sand? Emeralds would sink very well in mud. So what is it mud or sand? We all know who KW is, and we all know how the story morphs as they feel the need to change it. My father has already gotten one of the players to confess to him that they deliberately lie to cover their tracks. Also admitted their attorney is orchestrating this whole scenario. Fishers or Spain will keep this tied up for years, or as my dad thinks, it will be settled and the Fishers will be happy, Jay will be happy, and Spain won't be able to touch it. Best out come for all, except for the initial investors.

HoneyJar

Oct 26, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
old man said:
saltydog1733 said:

Saltydog1733. Nice research. keywestdiver asks a question about a wreck with wooden timbers that he says he found out in the gulf and also posts pictures of spikes that he dug up in another post. Then they file an Admiralty Claim and say they only found emeralds lying on top of the sand and 1 cannonball. ( I also find it funny that they don't have a mag and just happened to find a wreck and a cannon ball over 10 miles from land, out in the gulf.

Keywestdiver or should I say Jay Jr. ( not your real name ). Tell us how you and Jay found the wreck. I am sure that everyone would be interested in hearing the story. Was Faith ( Not his real name, from Aqua ) diving with you when you found the wreck?? I heard you were Real Good Friends ?? Just Curious and my opinion :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat:

It is so sad for treasure hunters to feud these days. Isn't it a tough world already, I wish we could all get along. By the way Your Jay Jr. is not KW. I know this for a certain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread