New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good luck lynn,thars gold up in them thar hills in NC.I will be up there panning for some of it this weekend and part of next week near lake lure.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
So you're moving from Spanish galleon territory to the haunts of the pirate Blackbeard? (At least along the coast - I realize Charlotte is Thomas Wolfe country, inland.) Get a copy of David Stick's excellent Graveyard of the Atlantic!

I've often contended there are more professional treasure hunters (and, almost certainly, treasure finders) in Colorado than in Florida.

There's treasure everywhere...

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Lynn,

You'll certainly be missed! I may give you a shout in the spring when I head up to my grandparent's land in Stanley County to prospect for gold (only an hour from Charlotte).

Good luck to you my dear! :-*

Pcolaboy

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Wasn't there a US Mint in Charlotte? Where they made gold coins? I know the first gold rush in the USofA was Georgia, but if memory services (and, these days, all-too-often it double faults) quite a bit of gold has been found in this area.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hi Lynn,

I wish you all the best in your new location. Tough economy situation is, I am afraid, everywhere in these days. Stay in touch and remember that Treasure can be found anywhere.....

Regards,
Lobo

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad to hear DL. But things do change so there is a chance to go a' Treasure Hunting again! One can keep it at bay but that itch will never go away! :icon_pirat:

Florida would be an improvement from here. Actually most anywhere would since Asheville is rated as the 4th worse city in the nation for employment I guess there's only 3 places that would be worse and it's 4th because 3 cities tie for 1st place! :o

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Diverlynn,
I'm too am sad to hear that you're leaving us. Maybe something will develop in the future. Stay warm and good luck.
Aquanut

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Diverlynn,

Good luck in whatever you do, but I know THs who live in N Carolina and find plenty to do, even if it is not as convenient as the Florida Coast.

Best wishes,

Mariner

treshuntintom

May 24, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the PM.Don't forget to pack your Amelia stock certs.See ya soon.Tom

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
Welcome to Charlotte,N.C. Diverlynn- We have a Great Metal Detecting Club about a 20 minute ride from Charlotte. We are also about a 3 1/2 hour ride from Charleston and about 4 /1/2 hour ride to Wilmington. N.C. and you can drive to the Outer Banks in abour 6 hours. goldnugget-Charlotte,N.C.

OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Thank you all for your kind replys.

Well, it's been a heck of a week.
Last Monday I drove a 26' U-Haul truck pulling the Corvette on an auto transport with my dog Froggy and cat Garfield to Charlotte. from New Smyrna Beach, Fl. What a scary trip but all was ok until I arrived at the extended stay hotel where I had planned to stay for 2 weeks until I found an apartment I liked. I arrived and found a bug ridden ghetto where some of the windows had plywood covering them, I decided to stay only the night and when I walked into the room the bugs ran in all directions, I returned to the office and got a refund after a very emotional week packing and loading to find such a dump to stay in. The tears ran. So I decided to call my cousin, Elyse to see what I could do and accidently locked the keys in the rental truck with the dog and cat. The tears ran again. My cousin came to the rescue and brought her husband to drive the truck to a safer place to stay which she reserved for me, had AAA come and get the keys out.

Woke up crying again wondering what I was going to do after the week was up but found a nice apartment, not a bad deal...2 bedroom/ 1 bath, 11 sq. ft. for $620 and very good location.

I started a new job on Monday as Office Manager in a real estate office. Built my first fire in the fireplace. It sure is pretty here, leaves changing, reminds me of Thanksgiving.

Will miss you all (but not the drama of THing), PLEASE keep in touch.

diverlynn

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hi DiverLynn. I know you don't know me from a ballast stone but I have read many of your posts over the years. Just wanted to wics you fair winds and good luck in your future endeavours.

Sounds like you had a rather harrowing adventure on your trip up to ur new home.... that sucks. But you are now moved in, have a job (you realise u just traded THing drama for the dreaded office-place drama right? lol), and have your 2 faithful companions with you. Tomorrow is always the first day of the rest of you life; make it what u want it to be.

Chin up! :thumbsup:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck in your new surroundings.

BTW, the oysters are killer there. :hello2:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good luck, and,

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions