US Court Rules in Favor of Colombia in Shipwrecks Case...

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Is it just me and my paranoia, or does the US government seem to take the side of other governments in these court cases to the detriment of the US citizens involved?

Panfilo

Feb 20, 2007
The decision of the DC District Court regarding SSA claim for 17 billion dollars is not very surprising as it ruled that no specific money judgment exists to be enforced and that the statute of limitations had expired for a breach of contract claim. The area where SSA filed claim as to where the San Jose had sunk and found by them, was surveyed by Tommy Thompson in 1994 and his report stated that no such shipwreck existed in those coordinates. A piece of wood that was presented by SSA to the Colombian courts as pertaining to the San Jose was carbon dated and it was determined to have been alive in an age after the first nuclear explosion….
The three Colombian courts that have tried this case have all ruled in favor of SSA affirming that they have right to 50% not 5% of the treasure aboard the San Jose that lies inside of the coordinates they filed. There is little room for conspiracies here, it’s a pretty clear and simple case.
Panfilo

piratediver

Jun 29, 2006
newport, Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They use a quote from me in that press release that I made almost 10 years ago, although she is still the holy grail of wrecks for sure.

Pirate Diver

Teredo Navalis

Oct 22, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have followed this case for years. It's been in the Colombian courts for 30 years. When you read the documents and archaeologic evidence, someone is clearing just wishing this is the San Jose. No definitive scientific evidence was ever produced. an interesting kibble about the case is "Sea Search Armada", the company from the Caymans had 100 investors , one of which was John Erlichman of Watergate Fame. A few other scalawags were on the list.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread