wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom, I wish I could tell you her name and number. Both John and Lou's wife's look allot younger than the both of them. However, I don't think that she was with them.
Actually, I was trying to get a shot of her because she is kinda cute, but John stepped into the shot. LOL
Maybe we will run into her at Rays next lecture.

Tom

OP
OP
ourhistory153

ourhistory153

Sep 11, 2006
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
That National Geographic has another popular story in that issue about "Americans in Vietnam." indeed it is
collectible. I have my oral history session with the Real Eight member tomorrow so this is the last
call for questions for him. I have some good ones from others here already. My plan is to
record him and play it on my upcoming internet radio show. < Last call for questions.

Also in other news, I met a local Merrit Islander who wants to start a treasure hunters
club. Sounds like fun I told him I would help out. If anybody is interested and lives
in the locale let me know and I will put you in touch with him.

bigcypresshunter said:
ourhistory153 said:
That evening of the seminar had some irony as some treasure was stolen at the event. A library
owned book of the National Geographic January issue of 1965 with the article of Kip Wagner's
treasure was removed. I can't believe somebody would steal a book from the library after they
were kind enough to lend it for this seminar.

Indeed Bob Marx was correct with his quote, "with treasure there is trouble and with a lot
of treasure their is a lot of trouble."
That 1965 book is probably worth about $50. It is becoming scarce. I have copies of it. The maps by archaeologist Carl Clausen with the locations of each artifact found and dispersal patterns are probably sought after by some treasure hunters. Sorry to hear someone lifted it. They could have just copied it from the library.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Maybe you could acknowledge the people who have helped you already via private email? Typical email etiquette suggests that one should respond with a "thanks" or "emailed received."

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
I just bought a copy of the 1965 January Issue of National Geographic on eBay for $10. I wanted to see what the fuss was about. Would be interesting as well to see some of the older info gathered on the wrecks. Can't wait!

Robert in SC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions