Replica of Drakes discovery plate in California

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Re: Replica of Drake's discovery plate in California

Cornelius,

I have just read Vizcaino's diary on line, and as I thought, there is no mention of seeing the wreck. In fact, it said that though the chief pilot recognised the port (having been there with Cermeno), they decided not to stop in case they could not get a favorable wind when they were leaving, but later were driven back to the port by a wind, and anchored on the outside (presumably where the second anchor is shown on the map. They sailed at daybreak without going back into Drake's Bay. Two Indian canoes tried to reach them, but could not do so as the wind took them away. Only one of Vizcaino's ships reached Drake's Bay: the other had already headed back south after leaving Monteray.

If you have a version of the diary that says they saw the wreck of the San Agustin, or another account that does so, I would be very interested in having details of it. I remember going over this ground several years ago, and could find no reference to them seeing the wreck.

Mariner

cuzcosquirrel

Aug 20, 2008

I have not talked directly to anyone from the park in about a year.

I think one of the things you have to look at though, when looking at the same stuff, and then looking at where stuff often shows up on the shore, is that in the center of this, where there does not seem to be a whole lot, there may actually be a whole lot.

Because maybe in this area, what seems to be up is actually down. If what looks like it is up is actually down, then there could be a lot of things there downward, maybe what they are looking for. If what they are looking at as two things that are up are actually down and more than two things.

Took me some time to realize this, like a year, but there it is.

A real meaningful piece of lore about this wreck, cast in the right way I think.

mariner

Apr 4, 2005

cuzcosquirrel said:
Because maybe in this area, what seems to be up is actually down. If what looks like it is up is actually down, then there could be a lot of things there downward, maybe what they are looking for. If what they are looking at as two things that are up are actually down and more than two things.

?? :icon_scratch:

Mariner

cuzcosquirrel

Aug 20, 2008

There is a good chance that this explains a lot of things about the wreck that make people wonder.

We should all move along under its guidance.

Eventually when an archeologist in the know reads this they will figure out what I mean and be sort of impressed.

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010

Cuzco . What are you trying to tell us with this ? Cornelius

cuzcosquirrel

Aug 20, 2008

I'm not sure there is anything more to say. This theory speaks for itself. It's a good theory backed up by evidence that is hard to touch and see.

Treasures of the Armada, a great book and useful.

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.

Are you sayin the map is up side down & North is south like many others?

Attachments

• fda-20.jpg
    fda-20.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 954

cuzcosquirrel

Aug 20, 2008

No. It's more a story of how a ship can seemingly disappear and reappear, and still no one can find it.

Look at all my thread posts on this subject. A lot of people on this site proport to have clues and maps to things, but this is basicly a detailed description of how others can also find this wreck, if you look at the clues. I think this is more of a geocatch puzzle for people who have become bored with the other easier stuff.

I wouldn't mess with it though, you will get busted for sure from the NPS. There is someone on that beach almost continuously from daybreak to sunset. And there are sharks also.

Here is a super low tide shot from the bay looking from the seabed up onto shore.

And another looking across the mouth of the estuary:

You will notice the absence of any shipwreck here.

Wait, what's that little piece of pottery? Did you come from Sebastian Cermenho's ghost galleon?

The sea is a great lady with many secrets.

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010

No my friend the ceramic part is not from the San Augustin . You have to know the kind of porcelain that was shipped from Asia ( china via Manila ) to recognize it when you find it . The rest of your conclusions make no sence to me either . But .......have fun with your research ! Cornelius

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.

I would guess its a English piece from around 1790 - 1815 ...It's all over my area

Attachments

• Picture or Video 318.jpg
    Picture or Video 318.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 712

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010

If you guys look at the first map I put on this chapter of discussion , you may see that they point out the areas where spikes and porcelain were found in the garbage pits . Do you think that these object were just swimming ashore ? No my friends the indians were diving on the San Augustin in taking off anything they could find . So if any of you guys are still looking to salvage the San Augustin, more power to you . I am out of this thread now . Cornelius

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don Jose. Is this a repicla from the replica ? Did Drake realy visit the Estuary or was only Cermeno and the San Augustin there . I visited the place many times since the San Augustin is pinpointed on the map . I was there ahead of Bob Marx . Bob said he discovered the San Augustin . This is a bit of BS . He never got permission from Sylvia Earl to dive on the site . Anyhow it is a long story out of my younger years . Cornelius
Cornelius....what map? Do you have the coords? I could use your thoughts on what
an rov would look for.
Thanks. Bob in San Diego

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread