Question regarding "Black Swan" for a Novice.

Panfilo

Feb 20, 2007
Re: Question regarding "Black Swan" for a Novice.

The Spanish government, its expert archaeologists and the US Admiralty lower courts so far all believe that the remains found, though there was no ship remains present, belonged to the Nuestra Senora de las Mercedes. Odyssey has expressed its doubts as no conclusive evidence was found, no ships bell and the location does not concur with the historical accounts. It is not however the Merchant Royal by all accounts.

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Panfilo said:
The Spanish government, its expert archaeologists and the US Admiralty lower courts so far all believe that the remains found, though there was no ship remains present, belonged to the Nuestra Senora de las Mercedes. Odyssey has expressed its doubts as no conclusive evidence was found, no ships bell and the location does not concur with the historical accounts. It is not however the Merchant Royal by all accounts.
Odyssey has expressed its doubts :laughing7: :laughing7: Odyssey purposely avoided retrieving any cannons and ships plates and any other
part that would clearly identify the ship wreck. Talk about pulling the money out of the wallet and then throwing it away.
I'm surprised Panfilo, you have seen Treasure quest that Odyssey put out. the ROV clearly goes over the ships dinner plates and they clearly avoid taking
any :dontknow:
Panfilo, can you explain to me what other shipwreck in that area blew up :dontknow: scattering a debris field like the one Odyssey found :icon_scratch:
Ossy

Panfilo

Feb 20, 2007

I might be wrong Ossy but I believe this discussion has already been given here somewhere. I will just say that in my modest opinion Odyssey was being cautious and did not want jump to any conclusion, suffice it to say that Claudio’s determination of having found the Mercedes 20 years earlier, very close to the beach did not and does not agree with a 33 mile position which is where it was found. The drawings of don Diego de Alvear y Ponce de Leon, a 30 year cartographer who had just finished mapping the borders of Brasil and Argentina/Uruguay (Spain/Portugal) made some drawings with the coast very near and you can not see land from 33 miles offshore, we all know that.
It is understandable to err on the side of caution Ossy, that is the sign of a prudent man.
Panfilo

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Panfilo, Yes we have talked about this before, But you know quite well that Odyssey had the Mercedes on its search list :
Odyssey knows exactly what ship it is, I'm sure they have not released all the evidence they brought up, It was like a game, trying to get
Spain to prove what ship the coins came off.
Did Claudio find the Mercedes :dontknow: I have asked him many times for Pictures or proof of any kind ???
With time we hope all the true facts come out.
Ossy

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Ossy,
the real question is: where OME actually found the treasure of 17 tons? Never explained what magically come to find 1,100 meters deep in the middle of nowhere, 17 tons of coins. Perhaps with a map of wrecks in the waters of the Portuguese Algarve ....? Many issues remain outstanding to explain to ordinary mortals understand.
Cheers VV

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread