Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The link did not work for me Alexandre but I already have the "Conservation of Artifacts" book by Donnie L. Hamilton of Texas A&M University. The best reference I ever saw on conserving artifacts from treasure wrecks. You see treasure hunters are very keen on conserving cultural artifacts that I think are worth much much more than any coins. The artifacts speak to me where a coin is a coin is a coin. You know what I mean?

OP
OP
Alexandre

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon
Salvor6 said:
The link did not work for me Alexandre but I already have the "Conservation of Artifacts" book by Donnie L. Hamilton of Texas A&M University. The best reference I ever saw on conserving artifacts from treasure wrecks. You see treasure hunters are very keen on conserving cultural artifacts that I think are worth much much more than any coins. The artifacts speak to me where a coin is a coin is a coin. You know what I mean?

No, Salvor 6. A coin, for me, is a cultural artifact.

Try this one:

http://icua.hr/images/stories/publikacije/Conservation_of_underwater_archaeological_finds_Manual.pdf

This one is more complete - and actual - than Donny's.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
WOW! Thank you Alexandre. Yes, this one is a little more up to date than Donnie's manual. I will certainly use it to conserve the shipwreck artifacts that I find (before I sell them).

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
an object formed by humans, particularly one of interest to "archaeologists" :icon_scratch: :read2: :icon_scratch:

goes hand and hand with this definition...

is an individual who is involved in influencing public policy and decision making :icon_thumleft:

these two combined have created...I will let you fill in the next definition

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Alexander, a great reference for cleaning and preserving artifacts. No matter what side of the fence you are on when it comes to artifact collection we all want to see them last for future generations to see and study so this info is good for everyone to know, not just the Archies..
ZDD

trinidad

Dec 28, 2008
Alexander, thank you very much. Long time missing an actualization of the great Hamilton.

OP
OP
Alexandre

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon
Zodiacdiverdave said:
Thanks Alexander, a great reference for cleaning and preserving artifacts. No matter what side of the fence you are on when it comes to artifact collection we all want to see them last for future generations to see and study so this info is good for everyone to know, not just the Archies..
ZDD

It's just a fence, ZDD. The grass is the same. :)

Trembull

Jul 24, 2010
Oklahoma __ Y'All
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• Smiles 02.gif
    Smiles 02.gif
    27 KB · Views: 944

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions