Mel Fisher Expedition Investment opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks to everybody for your replies. There are a bunch of "big names" here that I've come to respect and value their opinion over the years I've cruised the Shipwreck forum. I appreciate you guys chiming in for a "small fry".

Let's be clear, I didn't mean to imply I was currently sitting on 10K and looking to dump it somewhere. No where in my post did I say that.... LOL. It "may" be a possibility in the new year, but a long shot. 10K is a lot of ching-ching and I'm just being honest.

I've made several comments over the last year that I am trying to get my butt down to FLA this coming season (summer 2012) and hope to hook up for a week with a "small crew working the 1715 fleet" as FISHEYE said. Personally I'd need to do that, meet the people involved, do some diving before I gave anyone anything.

But I digress as my whole point was the Fisher Investment original post didn't sound like an investment and I am not at this time sitting on 10K wondering what to do with it. LOL

Happy Holiday you scallywags. :icon_santa:

OP
OP
F

fmblizz

Dec 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks to everyone for there feedback on this subject. I certainly don't plan on making any hasty decisions but as you all know it's easy to get caught up in these type of things.

Is there anyone out there that has actually participated in any of the Fisher venture's weather it be as in investor or just spend money to dive with the crew??

Thanks in advance

fmblizz

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 3,542

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
fmblizz: Join "Mel Fisher" and "Mel Fisher's Treasures" on Facebook and you will be connected with some of their investors. Both pages are a good place to ask questions and keep up with current events.

Tom

blackbeard1717

Sep 10, 2010
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought about investing but 10K is alot to invest even though you can dive the wreck site of Atocha. Anything found you can keep as long as it doesnt go over 10K. You can buy a 300 X 300 site from 1715 Queens Investment LLC who now own rights to 1715 fleet. 1000 bucks you can get a permit. 40 percent everything found goes to Queens Investment Company 20 percent to state of Florida and you keep the remaining 40 percent. Now thats a thrill

T Hunter

Oct 26, 2006
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
I have invested with GoldHound Treasure Divers for the past 4 years and done very well for my investment Plus got to dive the 1715 Fleet with guys that are pros and work very hard to find 1715 Treasure. Greg and the guys are number 1 digging for 1715 Fleet Treasure plus now are good friends.No question these guys are the best at what they do.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fmblizz said:
Thanks to everyone for there feedback on this subject. I certainly don't plan on making any hasty decisions but as you all know it's easy to get caught up in these type of things.

Is there anyone out there that has actually participated in any of the Fisher venture's weather it be as in investor or just spend money to dive with the crew??

Thanks in advance

fmblizz

Lots of us, I suspect.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in Enid said:
If you want to do it for the experience, and you can afford it, then go for it. Read the fine print. The most you will get back is something equal to your entrance cost. So you won't ever "hit the jackpot". The best you can hope for is to break even.
I may not be from Missouri, but your gonna have to show me. That doesn't even make sense. Nobody in their right mind would invest in something where the most you could do is break even, especially treasure salvage. If you want to know the facts, call or email someone at the bottom of my post. ::)

PS- They need to find at least 8 mil. for someone to break even (before the rate increase). If your well to do and looking for a tax write off, go for it, you just may get lucky if they find the second Atocha motherlode.

Here are the facts-

When you invest in the Mel Fisher Expedition, you share in everything found from three shipwrecks – the Atocha, the Santa Margarita and the Lost Merchant. This is a one-year investment that begins on the day you invest. Artifacts recovered from these wrecks will be divided up for our investors at the end of their investment year

Here is the rate increase that is coming the first of the year, so if you do want to invest... Today's the day!

For the past 6 years, Mel Fisher’s has offered shares in the company at the rate of $80,000 for 1% of the company, with a minimum investment of $10,000 for 1/8th of 1% That rate is increasing starting January 1, 2012. The new rate will be $100,000 for 1% of the company, with the minimum investment of $12,500, for 1/8th of 1%. The new rate will raise funds to help pay for the steadily increasing cost of salvage operations and for the new cutting-edge technology expected on the site in the next few months.

The old rate will still be available until Saturday, December 31st at 5 PM. If you come in at the old rate, you will be grandfathered in at that rate for future years, as long as you stay a current investor.

End of the Year Bonus-
Also expiring at the end of the year is the bonus now being offered by the Fisher Family – invest $16,000, and you will increase your ownership share to ¼ of 1%! After January 1st, this same share will be $25,000. Call us for more details.

Today's the Day!
Joe - (305) 295-7925
or email: [email protected]
Shawn - (305) 294-5441
Bill - (305) 294-5266

Booty Salvage

May 31, 2011
Ft Pierce Florida
Detector(s) used
3 Aqua pulse, 1 Excalibur
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
As someone who is actually successful at finding things and not just talking, I completely disagree. The Fishers are good friends of mine and they aren't disparate at all. If they find the stern castle to the Atocha the rest of the bars and 10,000 coins missing on the Margarita or the "lost merchant" wreck, your investment will multiply. Even if nothing major is found they will give you coins and lodging in key west (not cheap) and the experience of a lifetime getting to dive with Capt Andy who is one of the best in the business. I also agree (being a 1715 fleet operation) that you can also invest with us and get a good return as well. However, your not guaranteed anything like the fishers do and most people take your money and do nothing but blow holes in areas already pounded to death for 60 years if they even work at all. This is my life, my profession, I am currently paid to do this year round including running my own (very successful and archeologically sound) operation, and i owe a lot to my mentors including the fisher family. It's a good idea to talk to people before you invest, but opinions are like.... Well we all know that one.

Captain Eric.

Booty Salvage Research & Recovery

Historic Shipwreck Salvor.

Last edited:

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captain Eric,those are fine and good words,as a former investor 3 times I agree... But still it was the thrill we shall never forget!!!

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a former investor I also agree. But I need to find a new home for a 2 escudo cob from the Maravillas complete with COA from teh Fisher Group. Where's my best ROI opportunity? I know it's a buyer's market.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
The fishers inflate their coin and artifact prices to sell.Save your money and invest in a small crew working the 1715 fleets or some other wrecks.If you invest with anyone other than the fishers you will get a higher return.10k with the fishers will last about 3 days blowing holes and other expenses.10k with a small crew would last 2 months and 100 holes later plus many finds.

Just what I thought!
They only offer a few pieces on their website and the prices are ABSOLUTLY B/S and you can get everywere similar Atocha or 1715 fleet coins for much lower prices!
The fishers only make themself rich on the paper but this is not realistic! Do they want to hoard the whole stuff and sell it in the next 500 years???
There are for sure rare pieces who got their high prices but most they find is "junk" and heavy corrodet or bad coins. As a REAL serious business men, they would offer such stuff to young collectors for fair prices and wake up the interest to go deeper in this field of collecting. For better coins they better have a look around the web for wich prices they been offert!
...seems there are enough idiots without any knowlage around who buy for crazy prices in fishers museums shop :BangHead:
I would not spent any money into a company who is not able to sell their finds QUICKLY and for realistic prices to get back all investments as soon as possible!
With such a bad business strategy you can wait as an investor hundrets of years to get back your money! But as I said above, may some people like to wait 500 years to make any profit:laughing7:
You can add this rule to any other big company - specially those who find hundrets of thousands of silver or gold coins in same condition. They may selling some thousands for unrealistic prices to collectors and what are they doing with the rest of the coins? Melting it down and sell it for the gold and silver prices to get back the investments???

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is over 4 years old....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions