Mel Fisher Expedition Investment opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmblizz

Dec 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have been concidering buying into the Mel Fisher Expedition. The minimum fee is a 1/8th share for the amount of $10,000.

Anyone in this forum have any oppinion on this venture?? I know that they have been diving on both the Atocha and the Margaite for quite a few years now and for me 10k is nothing to sneeze at.

Any oppinions on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

fmblizz

Trembull

Jul 24, 2010
Oklahoma __ Y'All
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• t 5.gif
    t 5.gif
    27.8 KB · Views: 5,363
  • t 5.gif
    t 5.gif
    27.8 KB · Views: 5,357

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to do it for the experience, and you can afford it, then go for it. Read the fine print. The most you will get back is something equal to your entrance cost. So you won't ever "hit the jackpot". The best you can hope for is to break even.

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Jason in Enid said:
So you won't ever "hit the jackpot". The best you can hope for is to break even.

How does that work? I mean if you're a millionaire and get your jollies with shipwrecks etc then whatever, right?

But if it's an "investment" as they advertise, does that not imply a potential "return". So they are asking for your money but can only promise, at the best, to give back only what you put in? How does that work? :dontknow:

I'm surprised anyone "invests"...

Teredo Navalis

Oct 22, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better chance with buying a lottery ticket. Word is they are struggling and become desperate.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
For answers to specific questions about the investment, possible return etc...I would go directly to the Fisher organization and not rely on information you may get here. They will be straight forward with you.

I do know investors may dive on the wreck sites, sift for emeralds, get personal tours of the museum and participate in other activities in Key West...experiences that many current investors have described as "priceless."

Tom

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Aquanut gave you the best advice . I would add , that when you have that kind of money go do some diving yourself . If you want a place to dive , why not check the south west coast of Florida . Especially the area to the north west of the Marquesas . Just my idea . Cornelius

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fishers inflate their coin and artifact prices to sell.Save your money and invest in a small crew working the 1715 fleets or some other wrecks.If you invest with anyone other than the fishers you will get a higher return.10k with the fishers will last about 3 days blowing holes and other expenses.10k with a small crew would last 2 months and 100 holes later plus many finds.

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The 1715's wrecks still have a lot of wealth to be found. Our group was privately funded by myself and my partner this year, but we might be willing to take on an investor. If you're interested PM me and we can talk about the details.
Will

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
I advice anybody before investing in any venture to ask for : do you have a permit ? How much have you found on the claim ? What percentage of new founds are mine ? Have this notarized ! Cornelius

graffixgirl

Apr 6, 2008
Orlando
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 800_MineLab Excalibur II_Titan3000DX w/DDcoil_minelab 505 w/DD coil AND "My vibe"
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hangingfor8 said:
The 1715's wrecks still have a lot of wealth to be found. Our group was privately funded by myself and my partner this year, but we might be willing to take on an investor. If you're interested PM me and we can talk about the details.
Will

If I had the money I would put my money on hangingfor8. I was with him the day he found a rolex that never made banner. Honest as the day is long. and relentless and obsessive compulsive about details and research. He is right about the 1715 swag!

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in Enid said:
If you want to do it for the experience, and you can afford it, then go for it. Read the fine print. The most you will get back is something equal to your entrance cost. So you won't ever "hit the jackpot". The best you can hope for is to break even.

1985 was the jackpot year for investors, you never know when the next one comes.

Diving with the team as an investor is a great experience, but if $10 grand is a lot for you, pass it up - but don't put it in my stocks either - you'd be better off with Mel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread