Shipwreck Bar & Grille

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shipwreck Bar & Grille

We are building a new restaurant and bar in Jupiter. Fl dedicated to shipwrecks. It will be a sports bar with a very nautical theme focusing mostly on shipwrecks and treasure. One wall will be built out as a ship with cannons and a plank protruding from the sides, complete with rigging going up to the sails. Another area wil appear as a stencastle with pirates and a cannon or railgun.
We are looking for more decorations in the way of pirate statues, ships binnacles, ships wheels, portholes, lanterns, treasure chests, cannons, railguns. pictures of shipwrecks or treasure hunters finding treasure. Also large mounted fish.
Also looking for barstools that will fit the setting. Need 50. Could be 30 of one style and 12 - 20 of another. Outside covered bar will seat 30. Inside bar will seat 12 - 20. Can also use 50-60 chairs and tables.

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Shipwreck Bar & Grille

Here is a picture of the interior two weeks ago.

Attachments

• 360.JPG
    360.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 2,167
OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Examples of what we need:

Attachments

• !B8Vnvf!BGk~$(KGrHqQOKpgEy+jCyS,1BM2v7+cvi!~~_12.jpg
    !B8Vnvf!BGk~$(KGrHqQOKpgEy+jCyS,1BM2v7+cvi!~~_12.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,909
  • !Bq+FZ9gBGk~$(KGrHqEH-CEEunYFyMzqBL))9c7gIg~~_3.jpg
    !Bq+FZ9gBGk~$(KGrHqEH-CEEunYFyMzqBL))9c7gIg~~_3.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 2,037

VOC

Apr 11, 2006
Atlantic Ocean
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Contact this guy in the UK, he ships to the states and he also has contacts for dealers who buy his stuff over there for re-sale.

Contact Roger or Mark via their web site www.trinitymarine.co.uk

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi PS
Great store. Excellent selection. However I am working with a limited budget and have really been looking for used local items that are more affordable. I was able to find a lifesize statue of Neptune for $140 on Craigslist, I found a cool treasurechest on Ebay for $100. I also found five pirate statues in Hollywood at $250 each. I have found 8 foot fiberglass cannons at $800 each. Will pay for the right items but can't really afford to go shopping retail.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Scott, there is a place in Stuart on hiway 1 ( I guess that is what it is called) and it is right in front of the swap meet/flea market. Right on the hiway on the East side. It is a nautical -antique-fish-etc store. Lots of nautical antiques. I will keep my eyes open for anything that you might need.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Scott, I will call you this week, but if you get up North to Stuart, do check out that place. It has a couple old Spanish anchors out front, I dont think they were for sale. But it is a neat place, and they do have some old nautical items. I used to do a lot of fiberglass work and if we had access to a cannon, I could make a mold off it, and make fiberglass cannons for what it costs for resin and fiberglass and coloring, or paint. Maybe $100 each. So if you know someone that has a cannon, see if that is possible.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Steve, great recommendation.

The place is called Nautical But Nice at 2885 SE Federal Hwy, Stuart, FL 34994

They have a great selection of nautical items at reasonable prices.

Tom

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Bronzecannons
Excellent site. Great selection. Where can I see examples of the fiberglass ones. I did not see them on the site.
Seahunter

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Dave
I have been there before. Great shop. It used to belong to Mark Anthony who now owns Great Expectations Auctions in St Augustine. Thanks for reminding me. I think I will take a trip up there next week and check them out. Would really love to have one of those old canvas hardhat diver outfits to hang from the ceiling.
Seahunter

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Scott, keep us posted about the restaurant I will make it a must visit next trip to Fl.
Dave

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL

Seahunter said:
Hi Dave
I have been there before. Great shop. It used to belong to Mark Anthony who now owns Great Expectations Auctions in St Augustine. Thanks for reminding me. I think I will take a trip up there next week and check them out. Would really love to have one of those old canvas hardhat diver outfits to hang from the ceiling.
Seahunter

If you are looking for Marc, then you want to stop at his store in across from Publix (Cobblestone Plaza on Rt. 312). Yes, he has partnered with Jena Baker who owns Great Expectations Auction company. He operates a storefront with Jena's brother (Jeremy) dealing with Estate liquidations. His storefront is Estate and Commercial Liquidators. If anyone is looking for treasure not just nautical decor, then Marc is the guy you want to see. He has dealt with more treasure in 20 years than others with more recognized names. I still remember when I saw him 5 years ago pull up to the auction house (he wasn't affiliated, yet) with 2 10' cannons on a flatbed. They wound up in a museum up north. Seahunter, Marc has a canvas hardhat outfit in his store, along with other items.

bronzecannons

Sep 1, 2005
Oceanside, CA
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Seahunter said:
Hi Bronzecannons
Excellent site. Great selection. Where can I see examples of the fiberglass ones. I did not see them on the site.
Seahunter

Seahunter,
Here's one of our prototypes. The cannon material is Glass Reinforced Cement (GRC) so it's much stronger than one that would be only made from fiberglass only.

Cannon dimensions as follows;
Bore diameter – 3 ½” (8.85 cm)
Muzzle diameter – 6” (15.24 cm)
Breech diameter – 8” (20.32 cm)
Barrel length – 54 ¼” (137.79 cm)
Barrel weight – 35 kilos (77 lbs)

This carriage is wood but it was made by someone else. In my opinion, my sea carriage designs are better.
Tony

Attachments

• cannonx1000.jpg
    cannonx1000.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 1,940

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Bronzecannons, what does that cannon sell for? And where are they? Steve.

bronzecannons

Sep 1, 2005
Oceanside, CA
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

stevemc said:
Bronzecannons, what does that cannon sell for? And where are they? Steve.

It depends on how many you want to order. They are made at one of our shops in the Philippines.
Tony

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread