Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Two weekeds ago on Sat 16 we had the opportunity to gather a small group of Tnet members. It was Darren's idea, I donated my house, food and drinks and gdaddyflex brought us some gifts.

We had a great time, we were able to learn new stuff about books, charts, sources, theories, etc., we shared stories, looked at Salvor6 and gdaddyflex THing pictures and looked at some charts. Salvor6 brought the blower that he build for a outboard engine so that we could all learn and he even gave me a freebie, a chart with some ballast piles that he found in the area that I am working.

We had such a great time that we all agreed to do it again and invite others. We think that we should do this once or twice a year. Some great projects are never done because of the lack of knowledge, equipment, research, investors, the right crew etc. We have great talent in Tnet if we all get together we can have the perfect team. Who knows, maybe in the future we can all work in new projects, start a new salvage company or help others that have REAL projects like Seahunter.

If you are interested in assisting to our next meeting drop us a line and tells us a little bit about your self, experience, equipment, future projects, ideas, etc.
I will pitch in with my place the food and drinks.

All the Best,

Chagy......

Salvor6, The Chagyman, Darren in NC and gdaddyflex

Attachments

• The Boys.jpg
    The Boys.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 486
  • Petes blower 01.jpg
    Petes blower 01.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 486
  • Petes blower.jpg
    Petes blower.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 494

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
That was a great meeting and Chagy was a great host! Too bad Bob Gecy couldn't make it. Hey jeff of pa, THANKS. You know what I mean.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The best part of the meeting for me was when Pete, shnockered on whatever it was he was drinking, unrolled his nautical chart and showed me exactly where Peg Leg's GHOST SHIPS are located.

I am gearing up for my own expedition soon to the NW Florida gulf!

;)

Tom

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Chagy and his wife were wonderful hosts. They treated us all like kings. Pete's been on every expedition out there and had quite a few stories to tell. His passion for Florida's west coast is contagious. Tom brought us Jolly Rogers and reminded us that we are all "pirates." Fly her proud. His expertise on the east coast is awesome. Chagy's stories have yet to see their end, but you'll hear about them one day, I'm sure :)

Robert was missed, but hey - he was meeting with some other treasure legends. I'll leave that to him to share one day.

Cornelius, you are right. We are lucky to have times like that. I'm thrilled this forum has given us that. Next time we meet again, we'll get the word out and see who else would like to yo-ho together.

Best to all,
Darren

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Hey Hey Hey ! Sounds like you guys had alot of fun and all that knowledge in one room would have been a site to see!

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
I hate I missed it! I am working on a project down in Key West and had to get a last minute flight. We had the pleasure of meeting with Burt Webber. It was a great meeting with a Treasure Hunting Legend.

I will make sure I get up with you guys on my next trip. I may be carrying the boat back to down to the keys in October and make it a point to stop off and have a beer!

Robert in SC

OP
OP
Chagy

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Cornelius we would love to have you in our next meeting, I am sure you have great stories to share, let us know when are you coming to Florida, maybe we can plan for a date that is convenient for everyone.....

Rob you will need to stop for more than one beer!!!!!.....you have to help me translate the Chaunu books!!!!!.....If not I will be obligated to hire a French senorita to sit on my lap and read them for me ;D

And who knows maybe after a few beers and drinks Salvor6 will also tell you guys where those ghost ships are ;D :D :D :D

All the best,

Chagy...........

riobravo

Apr 2, 2006
south texas to the east coast
hi chagy,
wish i had known the seas had me in port.
it would be great to meet some more of the folks from the forum, maybe the next time............
ive been known to sling a whisky bottle or two if ya need a bartender ;D
JAS

Cablava

May 24, 2005
Its amazing who arrives at these Pirate gatherings

Attachments

• Pirates of the Carribean.jpg
    Pirates of the Carribean.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 362

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Now wait a minute! He was in the computer room, not with us out back 8)

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I think that is a state of Florida, Division of Historical Resources employee.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whoever took that last photo must have had too much to drink,he forgot to focus the camera!

OP
OP
Chagy

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Rio,

Lets stay in touch and we can get together on our next meeting.....

Jason,

We would love to have you on our next meeting, lets see if we can all get together again on Seahunters site in Oct....

All the best,

Chagy.........

riobravo

Apr 2, 2006
south texas to the east coast
hi chagy,
sounds like a plan, i will be in florida for a while still.
would be happy to show the bravo to anybody that makes it down.
just got in today, the seas were picking up quick this morning we were blowing holes in 50' of water, and when those swells start boy does it make a big hole.

OP
OP
Chagy

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
riobravo said:
hi chagy,
sounds like a plan, i will be in florida for a while still.
would be happy to show the bravo to anybody that makes it down.
just got in today, the seas were picking up quick this morning we were blowing holes in 50' of water, and when those swells start boy does it make a big hole.

Rio

Are you working here in Florida....where were tou blowing holes at?

All the best,

Chagy......

jsnipr

Aug 13, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been out with Salvor6 (Pete) several times. We've searched islands with my maxi pulse plus and used his mag on the west coast. He always has lots of information and is a real good guy. I was gonna go with him a while back to help use his blowers on the east coast but my wife had just given birth to twin girls so it was hard for me to get away for a weekend. I'll have to meet up with you guys next time. I just sold my boat but I do have a fisher cz20 underwater/land detector as well as the maxi pulse plus land unit and enough scuba gear for 2 people and some extra BC's.

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
gdaddyflex said:
The best part of the meeting for me was when Pete, shnockered on whatever it was he was drinking, unrolled his nautical chart and showed me exactly where Peg Leg's GHOST SHIPS are located.

Well I sure hope we are not at the site at the same time. >:(
And just think Salvor6 said there was nothing there ,that is why he said that he would NEVER go back.
Yes Sir I have learned a lot from the Forum.
Don Webb
Peg Leg

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Attention Pegleg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don, I was just "pulling your leg" so to speak! Pete hasn't revealed any locations to me. He is a man of his word.

I have read enough here from YOUR postings on TreasureNet, along with some private emails from Cooper (Jonathan), that I have a really good idea where these GHOST SHIPS are located. (Rememeber, I am a Florida native-44 years of exploring the mysteries of this great state.)

The location is safe with me. Also, I have no immediate plans to work the site. From what I know, if there was a ship there, it may just be a paddlewheeler or possibly a civil war era gunboat. There is no way a ship of any decent size, let alone a treasure galleon, made its way that far upriver from the Gulf of Mexico.

I have an nautical chart of that area dating back to the mid 1800's and the depths are the same. Too shallow for anything to make it into the mouth of that river except a small, flat bottomed boat.

In my humble, expert opinion.

Tom

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Tom, that was just wrong! LOL You pulled his leg so hard his peg might come off. I heard him scream all the way in Texas when he read your post...:D

Sorry Peg, I hope that didn't come across in poor taste...you know we're all on the same team ;)

Jason

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions