Check it out

Harpooner

Greenie
Jan 5, 2004
Poland
Im glad you liked it.
Some of the pictures in the gallery were taken during the trip to indonesia on board of my ship Harpooner.
we spend great time down there in really international team of thunters. Polish , Swiss, French, and Indonesian
divers on board of panamian ship. close to the area where Cornelius wants to hunt.
Regards,
Harpooner

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
I checked out this site and must say it is a very good site with the exception of Bad Mouthing Treasure Hunters.
Every wreck will contains some form of Historical artifacts.
But my question are this:
How many silver coins does it take to prove that there were made in different mints.
The same question goes for Gold coins as well.
How many bars of gold or silver does it take to show the shape, weight and size and how many of these can be displayed to the Public at one time.
How many different assayers can there be-every one is already known so what continue to collect them. A will agree that when something shows up with an unknown assayer then and only then should ANY state or Government get one.
In doing Research in Spain or anywhere else means that you are looking for the shipping manifest of a certain ship and where this ship may have gone down. If the manifest show it carried nothing of value the THer will not spend a cent going after it and Investors will not be interested.
Since the begin.ning of Salvage work it has always been the bottom line of Dollars and Cents.
The State of Florida right now has no idea how much Treasure it has but still wants more and more and more. It will never end.
Try and go to where this Treasure is stored and as a Citizen try to get a look. HAHAHA you aint going to get in.
A well known Researcher was asked about several wrecks. He described each and every wreck including the ones that had no value. These wrecks still lay where they went down. NO ONE IS INTERESTED. My friends this is a FACT OF LIFE.
I will end this posting with a question.
If you were to recover a 20 carat emerald will you keep it or give it to the state?
Peg Leg

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Peg Leg, I know it's hard to get a straight answer. Here are answers to your questions: There were 4 mints in the new world from 1535 to 1824: Mexico, Lima, Potosi and Santa Fe de Bogota. It only takes two coins with different mint marks to prove they were made in different mints. Same with gold. It only takes one silver bar to see the shape weight and size. You can display as many as you want in public. There is no law against displaying silver bars. I counted 44 different assayers from Potosi, 30 from Mexico, 27 from Bogota and 23 from Lima. Not all of their names are known. Only greedy treasure hunters are interested in the manifest. Documents are rich with the accounts of everyday life abord a 16th or 17th century ship. That's much more interesting. Some valuable shipwrecks have not one ounce of gold or silver. Such is the "Hatcher Junk" found in 1983 with over 25,000 pieces of Ming Dynasty creamics. Artifacts are worth much more than gold. Let the state archaeologists have the wrecks with no gold or silver. That's what they want anyways.

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Salvor 6,
If the State only wants Artifacts then why do the take almost everything else?
I agree that some artifacts are worth more than gold or silver. I would make the State a deal I take all the gold and silver and they can have everything else.
Peg Leg

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cornelius,
so we start a treasure hunters union.

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Better yet.
HIRE A LOBBIST AND PAY HIM WITH NON DECLARED TREASURE. That you recovered outside the U.S. ;D ;D.
I say DO NOT retain the services of an Attorney.
Here is HUMAN NATURE.
Lay $1,000 in cash on a table,now lay a GOLD COIN on the same table and say choose.
Guess which one he/she will pick up first?
Gold is easy to hide ::) ::) ::)
Peg leg

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey PEG, it's not that simple. We have (or had) several lobbyists like P.T. Rampey, the Treasure Coast Coalition, Pro Sea, Ship Rex, etc, etc. Where are they now? It takes a lot of money to feed a lobbyist. Who's gonna pay for it? Are you willing to plunk down the first gold coin? Also, there's no such thing as "undeclared treasure" anymore.

Batavia

Jul 29, 2006
Paris/Jakarta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi to all of you,

Thanks for the ones who appreciate this website and sorry for the others...

I have to tell you that I have nothing about Treasures Hunters ! But I believe it is important to express the opinion of all.

As a matter of fact, I found this webpage against Treasures Hunters very extremist and funny too that I couldn't leave it aside. So, I decided to put in the website.

Stir it up and you have some people who take it at the 1st degree...

I am an archive researcher for the last 20 years, a diver and a member of the Explorer's community. I cannot be an extremist in my field. But I also met very very bad people in the so called "Treasure Hunter" community, as well as in the "Archaeological" community.

As for me, I still believe that underwater archaeology and commercial excavation can live together in perfect harmony... If the people involved are willing to !

There is a poll I wanted to add and there are the questions:

Underwater Archaeology and commercial excavations, are they compatible ?

1) Yes, why not ? It is possible to make everybody happy, research and return on
investment

2) No, impossible. Underwater archaeology and commercial exploitation are 2 separate
worlds that cannot cooperate !

3) I really don't know, but I wish I could find a real treasure in my next dive

What is your answer ?

Keep on checking this website, I constantly upgrade it with new shipwreck stories (and old too !), treasure tales and also some unpublicised archive documents, leading to original shipwreck stories for possible salvage.

You all know about World Wars wrecks and their rich cargoes, but did you hear about the General Abbatucci, lost off Corsica, before her salvage some years ago ?
More to come like this one...

All comments are welcome and extremely appreciated

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Salvor 6,
Yes it takes a lot of money to retain the services of a GOOD Lobbyists.
You asked me if I would put up the First Gold Coin.

This is what I am willing to do.
I have several (30 to be exact) 2 escudo gold coins that the Indians had beaten into trinkets. But the marking can still be seen-enough to identify it was a gold coin at one time. I will PUT UP ONE of these trinkets to start the ball rolling. I would put the scan on the forum but have no idea how so if anyone wants to I will send the scan to them and they can put it on this forum for all to see.
There is more to me than what people think :o
And yes there is still some UNDECLARED TREASURE OUT THERE with a lot more YET to be found.
Peg leg

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You talking about one like this Peg?? :D

Attachments

• Picture copy.jpg
    Picture copy.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 474

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I keep hearing about silver bars, splashes, gold trinkets, Aztec (sic) pottery, etc...but no pictures.

Surely you know someone, a family member or friend, with a digital camera? If not, just take a regular photograph and go down to you local Walgreens or CVS and have them develop the film onto a CD or scan it yourself at your local Kinkos.

Many of us want to see your treasure collection Pegleg.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Tom, that pic I posted was sent to me by PegLeg, it is part of his collection. I'd like to see some of the larger silver bars and stuff too. Send me some other pics and I'll post them too Peg.

Jason

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
I have sent several more scans. They will show that I am very versatile.
Treasure is where you find it on land or sea.
This is just a sample of what you can find if you will take the time to really look.
Get off the beaten path and go your own way because that beaten path will turn into a highway.
Peg Leg

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
ScubaSeeker,
Yes I am talking about one of the trinkets that is in the scan I sent you. The one pictured above is unusual in that on the other side is a cross that was hammered into the piece. The cross has small indentations at the end of the cross. I believe this was worn by a person from one of the ships and not made by the Indians.
Concerning the Mayan and Aztec pottery this is SHARDS and not whole pottery. I have recovered several thousand pieces of pottery all from a single location and I am guessing there are maybe a million+ shards still to be recovered. I sent a few pieces to the U of F a few years ago and am still waiting for an answer from these EXPERTS. Of course they keep asking me "WHERE DID YOU GET THESE" and I keep telling them that is was so long ago that I have forgotten. This was before it was against the Law to recover objects like these ::).
Like I have said many times "ALL THAT TREASURE IS NOT ON THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN"
Have a great weekend everyone.
Peg Leg

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
I have a problem ( whats new right)
The Gold trinket that is shown here-can anyone give me any idea of its value. I am thinking of putting it on EBay but have no idea what to ask.
Thanks
Peg Leg

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I would ask a professional numismatist, someone respected, like Dan Sedwick. (www.sedwickcoins.com)

You posted several more pictures of these 'trinkets' on the Spanish Cobs forum and got less than positive responses.
You certainly don't want to get yourself in trouble on Ebay and/or ruin your reputation.

Besides, once an expert authenticates them, it will increase their value.

Just my 2 cents

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
gdaddyflex.
Can you point to where anything was said that this GOLD TRINKET is a FAKE.
The problem that I face is many fold.
1. It shows that the trinket was a coin at one time.
2. It is REAL GOLD.
3. The assay is the same as found in ll escudo gold coins.
4. The trick here is that they appear to have NOT been minted in the New World but in Spain.
5. The Gold Trinket that I wish to put on EBAY was hammered to the point that only a small portion of the original coin shows up as can be plainly seen.
6. I am NOT trying to sell a Gold coin BUT A gold trinket that was made from a gold coin.
7. There is no date.
8. To me this is a unique piece of gold that I feel was made to be worn around the neck by someone who went down with a ship or savvied and not an Indian but there is no way this can be determined by any expert
9. This trinket was NOT recovered at the same location as were the other trinkets.
10. There are other examples of gold coins being beaten into trinckets and have been recovered in other parts of the U.S..
If you can PLEASE explain how an Expert on coins can determine that this GOLD TRINKET in anyway can be classed as a FAKE.
You have provided me with a DIRECTION and I thank you for that.
Peg Leg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread