anyone know divefortreasure.com ?

jimfnc

Greenie
Sep 12, 2004
this company says they found Dutch warship Eendracht run aground in 1624.
http://www.divefortreasure.com/
The article mentions both "mouth of Caloosahatchie River" and San Carlos Bay (this is Ft Myers, Florida.
further research online- there have been several "Eendracht" ships. One quite famous, and definitely wrecked off Australia (East Indies) in 1620's.
There is mention of the "Eendracht" arriving in New Amsterdam (new york) in 1624 with settlers.
No other mention on internet (other than above website) listing Eendracht as wrecked on SW coast of Florida. Very strange....

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I believe that Salvor6 (Pete) from this bulletin board knows the guy that runs www.divefortreasure.com, Capt Carl Fismer. You may try him for more info.

On the site, Carl Fismer states that he used Jack Haskins for his archival research on the Eendracht. Jack is a very well respected researcher.

I wouldn't be too concerned about information you can or cannot find on the internet. The internet is an easy (lazy?) source of information, but defintely not the best!

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ya, I know Capt. Fizz. Met him many times. The Endracht sank in shallow water after they captured a smaller Spanish vessel. All the treasure was transfered and they sailed back to Holland on the Spanish vessel. Not much left except for artifacts. Carl offers trips out to the wreck for pay when he is sober. That web site is over 10 years old.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread