The wind , the wind

OP
OP
cornelis 816

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Thank you Don . This is a good start . But .......I am looking for somebody being able to post the complete original subject . Between you and me it was quite a nice exchange of ideas . Cornelius

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Cornelius,
I tried unsuccessfully to find it for Bum Luck a couple months ago...I guess it is probably irretrievable.
Aquanut

OP
OP
cornelis 816

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
John . I should not have been banned . Now everything is lost . Don ( in his answer above ) brings us close to the original thread . Cornelius

OP
OP
cornelis 816

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Diver Down . It must have been before 2009 . I have posted on this forum for many , many years . Don't recall the exact date of posting . Cornelius

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
cornelis 816 said:
John . I should not have been banned

Corny, I believe these guys when they say you're gentleman in person. I probably would enjoy your company. But your forum skills suck...really badly. You ridicule people who don't think like you and you whine when no one answers your posts quickly. Besides, I would have banned you, too, if you made threats to me as a forum owner. Membership in a private forum is a privilege, not a right. Treat it as such.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Darren in NC said:
cornelis 816 said:
John . I should not have been banned

Corny, I believe these guys when they say you're gentleman in person. I probably would enjoy your company. But your forum skills suck...really badly. You ridicule people who don't think like you and you whine when no one answers your posts quickly. Besides, I would have banned you, too, if you made threats to me as a forum owner. Membership in a private forum is a privilege, not a right. Treat it as such.

Darren, Cornelius is a Gentleman. I enjoyed meeting him at the get together that Aquanut has every year.
I think the one thing that many of us in this Country don't realize is that People from other Countries think differently then we do in this Country. I've worked my way around the world more then once.
( That and $1.60 will get me a cup of coffee. ) But my point is that we all don't think alike and some times people express themselves differently. Cornelius and many people from Europe and Asia are no nonsense people. They don't beat around the bush about anything. To tell you the truth, I'd rather be around people like him, at least you know where they are coming from. Think about how many people you trust in this business ? How many times some of them screwed you on a deal. We all have faults and I agree with you, that he should tone it down sometimes, but I will say this. I would trust Cornelius in a treasure deal before I trusted anyone that owns a publicly traded Treasure Salvage Company.
I respect Cornelius, that doesn't mean that he always agrees with me and he shouldn't. Corneluis has his way of doing things. Don't be too hard on him. ( By the way Darren, I've met you and I put you in the same league as I put Cornelius. I Trust you. ) :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
cornelis 816

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Thank you Ed for your kind words . You know that I call Black = Black and White =White . I do not like to discuss anything in the Grey , when you know where you are talking about . Cornelius

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
cornelis 816 said:
Thank you Ed for your kind words . You know that I call Black = Black and White =White . I do not like to discuss anything in the Grey , when you know where you are talking about . Cornelius

Cornelius, I know you are an honorable man and I would work on a project with you any day. I know you tell it like it is and I respect that. I also know that when dealing with people from the Far East that you have to let them save face or you can forget a good relationship. EVERYONE is brought up to look at things differently.
Personally, I tell my family that I am a mean, grumpy old man that hates everyone. I tease them a lot. I don't hate everyone. I'm just a mean grumpy old man. :icon_pirat:

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
cornelius has been free with his considerable knowledge, and added alot to these forums over the years. you may not like how he says it but it is usualy correct. of course I'm a grumpy old fart in the making and proud of it too.

JT

Mar 14, 2005
Johns Island, South Carolina
cornelis 816 said:
Diver Down . It must have been before 2009 . I have posted on this forum for many , many years . Don't recall the exact date of posting . Cornelius

Cornelius, I remember mentioning you in a post that someone made about Holland. I looked back in my past posts, and they were dated Dec 2009. I remember well your posts about the wind, and I'm thinking that topic was around in late 2008 to maybe late Spring 2009...hopefully someone can track them down.

OP
OP
cornelis 816

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Don . Some of the stuff I wrote are on the articles you sent us . The whole thread about the Wind may be lost forever . Thanks anyhow . Cornelius

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Famous Song... "The Answer My Friend is Blowin' in the Wind, The Answer is Blowin' in the Wind" Famous Movie..."Gone with the Wind"
Hell it's gone, but everyone that had an opinion is still around. Start it up again. I might still have couple of those brain cells left myself.
Aquanut

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Cornelius,

Hope you are doing well.

I know I still have some of the images, some where, that I created showing the estimated huricane path and wind directions as it passed. I will try to dig them up off my old hard drive when I get some time!

Robert

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread