1900 century Butt Plug recovered

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, really it is a cannon barrel plug with the broad arrow on it as well as some letters which I cannot make out entirely yet.
All in all my buddies John, Dana and Steve and I had a good harbour grub dive today. I recovered the barrel plug and a little medicine bottle, John got a nice caulking mallet head from the days of wooden ships and iron men and a bunch of clay pipes and ink wells. Steve got a few bottles and and beautiful ointment jar lid. Dana, well Dana got skunked. :angry5:
ZDD

Attachments

• PTDC0008.JPG
    PTDC0008.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 2,932
  • PTDC0003.JPG
    PTDC0003.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 2,573

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The broad arrow head mark means its British. Nice finds! Nice pipes and bottles.

piratediver

Jun 29, 2006
newport, Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ZDD: nice stuff, we do most of our bottle diving here in the winter also, too much boat traffic in the warmer months. What is the water temp where you are diving now? Here in Newport it is right around 40 F. and usually bottoms out at about 30 F. depending on the severity of the winter.

Pirate Diver

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
piratediver said:
ZDD: nice stuff, we do most of our bottle diving here in the winter also, too much boat traffic in the warmer months. What is the water temp where you are diving now? Here in Newport it is right around 40 F. and usually bottoms out at about 30 F. depending on the severity of the winter.

Pirate Diver
Our water is still around 50F right now but it will drop to around 30 by late winter. One year it was 26 at the surface and very slushy to around 4ft. That was a cold dive let me tell you.
Are you diving in the harbours and bay's or more open spots?
ZDD

piratediver

Jun 29, 2006
newport, Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We do harbors and rivers now that are too filled with boats in the warmer months. Our water is usually much clearer now also so that is the trade off.

Dive safe,

Pirate Diver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread