Scuttled Nazi treasure submarine

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
scan0003.jpg scan0002.jpg note 1935 date * when this Nazi "cruise ship" was running to various south American ports ---(some long term "sleeper" spies were planted in south America several years in advance )--and later on slipped into America on false papers from south America--- this paper was found by me during during a "yard / estate sale" at a nearby old farm --the paper was inside of a American mid 1943 dated farming magazine * -- the magazine was in a very old dirty box of WW 2 era magazines from the farm's attic -(outside of Jacksonville ,florida area) - why would anyone in their right mind --keep a "Nazi marked item" during WW2 in florida ? (except as proof of being a fellow Nazi to a spy) --it is well known that Nazi spys were landed in ponte vedra , later on captured and put into the electric chair --it was well known that to be a Nazi spy was punishable by "death"-- by think about it , the best way to get entry to a military base or ship docks was to be a "food producer' delivering food -- you could find out a lot by asking if they needed "more food" for a upcoming trip or for incoming "troops" once you knew that a ship was leaving you could use a hidden radio to tell U boats off shore about convoys leaving.

Last edited:

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Steve or ECS,
I was wondering if you had any suggestions as to Gov’t offices that may do an FOIA on U-Boat/submarine encounters i.e. Patrol craft, Civil Air Patrol, Naval Training (2513) or other encounters off the coast of Florida? I’m not looking for treasure, but rather in tracking down some of the fascinating stories of U-Boats and submarines along this coast (expanded to the Caribbean) either during or after WWII. These vessels may have been transiting back to their homeland or on patrol along the Florida or Caribbean areas.

Are there any other sources you could tell me about on this subject? This thread started out in 2006 and from some calculation some of these gentleman may no longer be conversing due to age. Your help is appreciated…

Best Regards,
CaptSamuelJ

Capt S J,

I just finished reading u boat war in the Caribbean, only cost me $20 great read very interesting and worth it. The author is Kelsall.
There is one story about Kapitsky who fought off lots of planes with his AA gun that shows how brave the men were on BOTH sides..........

CaptSamuelJ

Tenderfoot
Jun 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red James cash, I have read the "Shadow Divers" and found it very interesting. I haven't read the rebuttal of that book yet. From the "Shadow Divers" i did glean John and Richie's sources and will be working on them for info. Happy 4th of July!!

CaptSamuelJ

Tenderfoot
Jun 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis, Do you think I could get a for detailed copy of these two documents you have here? Have you translated these? Where in the Jacksonville FL area was the farm? i can be reached at mistyoakes3272 at gmail dot com if that is possible for some information. CaptSamuelJ

CaptSamuelJ

Tenderfoot
Jun 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SADS 669, Yes, I found reference to this book in my research and will be ordering a copy. I have sailed for a better part of my life on larger vessels and remembering instructors talk only briefly about the ships that were sunk from beneath their feet. The pain or mostly the anger they still held was very apparent even after the 30+ years past.
As for the Caribbean there are two possibilities in finding out if there is a U-Boat off Florida and that would be if one were passing by heading to the homeland and had problems and the other if the real truth had been kept from the public as Florida was more or less written off since the US could not defend it properly. The state was left defending itself with the Civil Air Patrol and the Mosquito fleet etc. guarding the waters. The Caribbean connection is definitely one to look at.
Best Regards and the Happy 4th of July, CaptSamuelJ

abacopirate

Jan 18, 2006
Abaco, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
whites,excaliber,pulsestar2
Never read the book. But did see the sub. You ever do commercial fishing. On a rocking boat. Been underwater trying to untangle lines with someone above trying to keep the boat in place. Don't make assumption's if you haven't been there.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Really looking forward to some more ECS and big dog posts.......good info and the banter is outstanding....

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Eric Wiberg tells me the U boats in the Bahamas book is due to be published in the summer 2015

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I thought you two had eloped or something, come on guys your killing us here??? We miss your opinions on both sides....

Last edited:

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know if this helps. But I'll throw it in the pile. I remember their was something on the history channel like two months ago about Nazi subs taking treasure way up north. Then I think they went somewhere else with it. Can't remember. But their might be something in it that hits a cord for you. Good luck.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Don't know if this helps. But I'll throw it in the pile. I remember their was something on the history channel like two months ago about Nazi subs taking treasure way up north. Then I think they went somewhere else with it. Can't remember. But their might be something in it that hits a cord for you. Good luck.

Probably headed for Oak Island.

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found something on subs. Do what you will with it. 1942 German sub u-215 sank in 210 feet of water off mass coast 41-48.0 n 66-38.0w You owe me if it's the big one. Ha Ha Good luck

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
That's a scary dive on air in that Viz and water temp, be careful.....

Last edited:

barney

Oct 5, 2006
FLORIDA
Already been found and dived in approximately 280 feet of water. Only thing cool about it was it was a mine-layer version. Though you can dive one of those off Northern Ireland (Deadlight sub).

Can this thread just die in peace?

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Barney, I doubt it ha ha.......

Is this the thread you told me about at lunch?

My apologies to all for resurrecting this thing.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yep, certainly is, it's a great read........and by the way, this sort of thread is what our web site is all about for me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread