Detector(s) used
minelab excalibur , imagenex sidescan, ogf-w magnetometer

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 764

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Not too many people will be interested in the wreck of the La Lutine . Everybody is focussed on Florida . I have been following the salvage of the La Lutine through the years . I have my own opinion about the wrecking of this ship and the area where to look for the remains . But .......who wants to go after the wreck ? Cornelius

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you think no one has searched for it, and, or maybe found it? It does seem like an interesting project. I need to find the little ones first, to get the bank roll for the big one! hahahaha

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008
I've been interested in the lutine for many years now. I have studied the currents in the area and have a few ideas on where to maybe look. I went to Vlieland a couple years ago and searched the beach in those areas but there wasnt enough erosion at the time. I spoke with a local there that works in the museum on the island and she said a boy just a few years back found a gold coin on the beach from the wreck. She told me the location and its right where i was looking.

Attachments

• 217.jpg
    217.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 548
  • Greg_dectector_Vlieland.jpg
    Greg_dectector_Vlieland.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 532
  • Greg_Vlieland 1.jpg
    Greg_Vlieland 1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 545

trsrseeker

May 10, 2011
FL / NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field, Excaliber 11, Sovereign, CTX 3030
Thanks for the posts guys - an interesting wreck - my understanding is that deep sand and constantly moving sandbars (which of course means currents and tough sea conditions) have been the issue on the Lutine site.

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Some more info on the sandbanks covering the many many gold bars . Cornelius

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    664.2 KB · Views: 687

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Ed , the ship La Lutine is in my back yard . I know everything about it but ..... it takes a lot of $ to start a salvage project on her . Cornelius

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008
This is an interesting chart showing the wreck and the wind and current direction.... The Black island just to the lower right of the wreck is vlieland.

Attachments

• Lutine.jpg
    Lutine.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 464

piratediver

Jun 29, 2006
newport, Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since she was a Royal Navy vessel, sovereign immunity will come into play so anyone serious about this should try and strike a deal with England first before wasting lots of money!

Pirate Diver

OP
OP
seismosaurus

seismosaurus

Feb 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
minelab excalibur , imagenex sidescan, ogf-w magnetometer
cornelis 816 said:
Not too many people will be interested in the wreck of the La Lutine . Everybody is focussed on Florida . I have been following the salvage of the La Lutine through the years . I have my own opinion about the wrecking of this ship and the area where to look for the remains . But .......who wants to go after the wreck ? Cornelius

Actually I was pointing at the unusual salvage technique, for that fun I was posting . Only the drawing on the frontcover was worth sending it to the wreckhunters site.

Now it turns into a Lutine info , I will have a look in my archives soon. Thanx Cornelius for the nice maps, I've seen them in books, but these ones look original,nice.

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Cornelis, sent you a couple PM's, but maybe you didnt get them. I have seen many on the forum asking about a PM getting through, and many times its a NO. I know some people dont like to answer a PM, so sorry if thats the case.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions