question about 1715???beam found

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
This last week I stumbled across a enormous beam protruding out of the sand that was nearly petrified and lined with old tapered spikes.It was found in the "vicinity" of the 1715 wreck sites and I was wondering what step I should take to report it or claim it.Do I have any rights to the credit of the find.I also found a piece of ceramic worn with blue glaze nearby.I'll go back after work today and get pics and post them tonight.Any help would be appreciated.THANKS!!!NATE

riobravo

Apr 2, 2006
south texas to the east coast
hi nate,
congrats on the find, sounds like you may be on to something from that time or era, most likely a small portion of wreckage washed up but you never know.
i would be very interested in hearing more about this and seeing some pics.

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nate, if it's on the beach you don't have to tell a sole. Remember, beach finds are yours free and clear providing they are found between the dune, and the mean low tide line.

Tom

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nate,
you better not waste anytime in getting the piece off the beach,cities like to have stuff like that taken off the beach to end up in landfills as what happened in new symrna beach at 3rd ave shipwreck site after the last hurricane we had.

Attachments

• 3rdavewreckexposed.jpg
    3rdavewreckexposed.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 194

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread